Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 07:48 PM

Patience is a virtue....isnt it?

Today while out with my son we were sitting in the car park of McDonalds restaraunt and it was quite busy with very few parking spaces available,one came free next to me and a large 4x4 was waiting to go straight into it,BUT...a car followed the leaving car and went straight behind it and into the space as it was available from the front and the rear also..I thought there was going to be a full on slanging match, well there was some some very very bad language being mouthed throught the 4x4s car window and some aggressive driving and gesturing to the car that had nabbed the space.
Me I kept my head down so to speak and let them get on with sorting things out..have you ever witnessed anything like that happen when youve been out and about ..do you think people lack an amount of patience nowadays or are they justified in making such a "fuss".
Maybe youve seen two shoppers quibling over something or seen someone having "words" in public .
Tell all ...
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 02:11 PM

Re: Patience is a virtue....isnt it?

I have seen arguments a few times at places like car boots and jumble sales mainly women arguing over smelly old clothes etc that are being sold "I saw it first"!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 02:18 PM

Thanks for replying Doc I thought it was going to sink without trace here
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 03:11 PM

I see the car parking carry on almost every day. I think some people are so lazy they are afraid to park a little further away and walk a few steps to where they are going.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

13-09-2015, 03:15 PM

lol Clumsy ive seen a few parking scuffles an it does seem to be as though people dont want to walk a bit further than they have too..I dont mind a bit of a walk myself but ive seen people go round and round in circles just waiting for a space near to the door lol
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
lol Clumsy ive seen a few parking scuffles an it does seem to be as though people dont want to walk a bit further than they have too..I dont mind a bit of a walk myself but ive seen people go round and round in circles just waiting for a space near to the door lol
Here too Aysa, especially at the Sunday markets, they really do have huge car parks and despite the fact that there are many many spaces at the bottom end and on the overspill park, round and round they go, or block up the aisles thinking someone is going to come out of a nearer space.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 09:09 PM

I dont drive,but I witness the impatience of drivers on the roads daily.Also I find a lot of people have no patience.When I am shopping ,trying to push my trolley round is a nightmare.people overtake me and then walk in front of my trolley to get to someting,or suddenly stop right in front of me,ofetn when Im walking into/ out of the supermarket someone will push past to go the other way instead of waiting untill Ive got through first, Getting on buses [ which I do a lot of] its a shove and push as passengers jostle to be first on ,regardless of who was there first
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 07:21 AM

There happened to be a parking space in Morrisons car park yesterday so I laid down in it while my wife rushed off to buy a car!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 10:23 AM

Have seen people reserve "their" space by parking across the bays.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 11:07 AM

I thought I had seen everything regarding parking until last week when I saw two old men fighting over the same handicapped spot at Costco.

They did not fight with fists, they fought with canes. Unbelievable

Store security had to be called.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top