Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 08:56 PM

What a palaver

Someone from our weekly coffee morning,held at a local church hall, has decided to give an 80th birthday tea for the person who runs it.Everyone there has been invited, The trouble is it is Sunday lunch time ' After Church service ' But no one knows the time to arrive, not everyone attends the Service at that Church, some go to another one ,and not all services finish at the same time. I have now heard that service there finishes just after 12,so get there 'about 12.30'
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 10:25 PM

Re: What a palaver

What a lovely thought,im sure the lady whos birthday it is will appreciate it .. Same way as you appreciate her efforts in organising the coffee morning ..Hope you have a lovely time ..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 11:20 PM

I'm sure the birthday girl will appreciate her birthday tea. Have a lovely time Deylon.
Did you ever manage to get in touch with the 90 year old lady at Bracknell you were concerned about?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 08:08 PM

The woman whos birthday it was thoroughly enjoyed her surprise party,it was very nicely done,there was plenty of food, the only thing was that the food was cold by the time this lady was brought in about half hour after everyone arrived, but very good just the same . Yes Carol, just this week I had a letter written by her daughter saying how much her Mum enjoys my letters . So now I know she is still alive and wants to hear from me I will continue writing to her

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top