Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 06:36 PM

Favourite comedian/iennes

We all must have varying tastes in humour, so who has been your favourite over the years?

It has to be Morecambe and Wise for me, they never failed to get me laughing out loud. A very close second was Tommy Cooper, such a brilliant performer.

Sadly their brand of humour is no longer around these days and I can't say there has been anyone since who could replace them in my eyes....
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 07:54 PM

Re: Favourite comedian/iennes

We've got a freebee DVD of Morecombe and Wise and it always makes me giggle. However, i do remember some of their performances as disappointing - but not the xmas ones; they were a bit of a highlight weren't they? Have xmas tea (turkey sandwiches, xmas cake) fill your cup or glass and relax to watch the 'serious' people 'do' humour.

I'm a bit of a radio freak (always have been, from when I was a child) so I love the oldies on BBC Radio 7, particularly Beyond Our Ken and Round The Horne.

Current favourites are Eddie Izzard, Michael McIntyre and Marcus Brigstock
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Billy Connolly for ever! And female, Jo Brand.
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Has to be Lee Evans for me - best comedian for years.

I'm also a fan of Michale McIntyre.

None of the females really do it for me. Jo Brand is about the best of the bunch
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Billy Connolly for ever! And female, Jo Brand.
Totally agree angieh-never miss watching Billy Connolly-he makes me smile even when he's being serious As for Jo Brand she is brilliant and I'm still convinced she is John Sargeant's twin sister
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Totally agree angieh-never miss watching Billy Connolly-he makes me smile even when he's being serious As for Jo Brand she is brilliant and I'm still convinced she is John Sargeant's twin sister
They do look like twins don't they? I wonder if they realise the similarity themselves....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 12:16 AM

Tony Hancock , Arthur Haynes and of course Morecombe and Wise
Before them, Jimmy Jewel and Ben Warris.

So many of todays comedians fill there material with swearing, I don't think it is necessary or amusing...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Sir Les Paterson the culture minister for Australia.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Sir Les Paterson the culture minister for Australia.
Oh he is so gross. Yukky yukky yukky, with his teeth, his tie, his shirt front etc etc etc
Funny though ...
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Les Dawson was always my favourite but I do love Jo Brand now...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top