Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Any True KINKS Fans Out There?

I was a year old when You Really Got Me hit the airwaves but 25 years later they became my ultra favourite band of all time!

Anyone else? They had a HUGE catalogue of songs, John Lennon & Paul McCartney were wary of Ray Davies.

Too bad they were banned from the US for 3 years, they just never caught the breaks of you know who I'm a fan of The Beatles too but personally feel Ray Davies was a much more talented songwriter & at an earlier age
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 01:49 AM

Re: Any True KINKS Fans Out There?

I used to whistle 'All day and all of the night' to my baby sister in 64. She used to smile at it.
Kinks I always loved
http://youtu.be/ZCSzxkbMri8
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 01:55 AM

Indeed Ray Davies was very talented, but sadly his songs won't live on like the Lennon-McCartney songs. I loved The Kinks in the 60s and I was in my teens at the time so I went through the full 60s experience here in the UK which was absolutely fantastic. You had to be here to witness it.

You Really Got Me was released in August 1964 so I was about to become 15 in the December of that year, and it was brilliant.

In fact, that year was incredible. There was Lulu with Shout, The Animals with the House of the Rising Sun, the Byrds with Mr Tambourine Man, Sonny & Cher with I Got You Babe. Fantastic, brilliant music and an era which will never be repeated in the history of music.
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 02:07 AM

I agree!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by zoolady100 ->
I was a year old when You Really Got Me hit the airwaves but 25 years later they became my ultra favourite band of all time!

Anyone else? They had a HUGE catalogue of songs, John Lennon & Paul McCartney were wary of Ray Davies.

Too bad they were banned from the US for 3 years, they just never caught the breaks of you know who I'm a fan of The Beatles too but personally feel Ray Davies was a much more talented songwriter & at an earlier age
Now you really got me going! cor you are only a baby, i cut my teeth on Deanna Durbin See Here
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 08:08 AM

We all you used to OOOOOOhhhh along with this one

BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 08:08 AM

Yeah I loved the Kinks when a teenager, met them when they appeared at Bradford. Had a chat to Ray as he was quite amiable. I think they didn't make it like the Beatles as they were not as friendly as the Beatles. Nothing to do with the music. Met lots of groups in the 60's and have their autographs. One of the best and most friendliest was Gerry Marsden. He was a real laugh but also we could chat to him with no trouble.
Like your reply Wrinkly, Deanna Durbin OMG That's too old for me
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 10:31 AM

I thought it was only me that loved Death of a Clown - I wore that single out!!

I liked everything The Kinks brought out. In fact I feel like having a Kinks day!! Will get on You Tube.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Loved the kinks - especially Ray - had 'a lot' of problems with his brother - they would have been around a lot longer only for that .....
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 12:17 PM

If this was requested and played for you by the DJ you knew the boy you had fancied for ages and ages fancied you too. Aaaahh innocent days indeed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top