Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Steve1962
New Member!
United Kingdom
Steve1962 is male 

11-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Anybody else from Warwickshire?

Is there anybody else on Over50sforum who is from Warwickshire? or am I Billy no mates?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 06:32 PM

Re: Anybody else from Warwickshire?

Just Arty and moi I think.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 08:16 PM

No I'm not from Warwickshire but I am staying in Stratford upon Avon at the moment just for a few days
Steve1962
New Member!
United Kingdom
Steve1962 is male 

17-04-2017, 03:20 PM

I live In Stratford upon Avon Myrtle
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steve1962 ->
I live In Stratford upon Avon Myrtle
Yes I read that on your profile that's why I thought my post was relevant

I've been to Evesham and Anne Hathaway's Cottage today and when we got back to Stratford we went up the RSC Tower .... the lift was only working up to the third floor
Steve1962
New Member!
United Kingdom
Steve1962 is male 

17-04-2017, 09:26 PM

I think that having lived in Stratford all of my life,like most Stratfordians,we take Shakespeare,the RSC and the shakespeare properties for granted & pretty much ignore them.I used to drive the open top tours and must admit how fed up I was with the whole Shakespeare thing.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

17-04-2017, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Steve1962 ->
I think that having lived in Stratford all of my life,like most Stratfordians,we take Shakespeare,the RSC and the shakespeare properties for granted & pretty much ignore them.I used to drive the open top tours and must admit how fed up I was with the whole Shakespeare thing.
I'm the same with anything on my doorstep ... I only visited Manchester Cathedral for the first time last year

My 10 year old granddaughter is loving our time in Stratford and is really interested in "the Shakespeace thing" ... it's costing me a fortune !!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I'm the same with anything on my doorstep ... I only visited Manchester Cathedral for the first time last year

My 10 year old granddaughter is loving our time in Stratford and is really interested in "the Shakespeace thing" ... it's costing me a fortune !!!
Myrtle, Have you visited Warwick whilst you're here? Warwick is better than Stratford for history!!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

17-04-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Myrtle, Have you visited Warwick whilst you're here? Warwick is better than Stratford for history!!
We're going to Warwick tomorrow morning .... we won't be going in the Castle though .... wow !!!! Have you seen how much it costs????!!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
We're going to Warwick tomorrow morning .... we won't be going in the Castle though .... wow !!!! Have you seen how much it costs????!!!!
Yes, it is expensive but you can get good views from certain places, like the bridge past St Nicholas park or down Mill Street or Bridge End. You must see Lord Leycester Hospital on High Street by Westgate Arch. St Mary's Church is nice too and you used to be able to go up the stairs to the top and see for miles!
There is a nice garden by the Court House in Jury Street or the Quaker House opposite Lord Leycester Hospital.
Any local person would point you in the right direction!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top