Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:57 PM

Re: Best comedy film - ever!

American Pie had me howling, it was a bit rude but so funny, well I thought so anyway, I like the Carry on Films, I like a bit of saucy fun lol
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just watched it again for about the 50th time and it still makes me laugh out loud ...

"Where Eagles Dare"
I sense the sarcastic comedic nature of this post.

Based on that theme I think the comedy of all comedies surely has to be the film Commando starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and the all important infamous gun fight scene in the garden where Schwarzenegger holding a light machine gun, exposed in the open, surrounded on all sides by enemy gunman never gets hits once by an enemy bullet and yet Schwarzenegger is able to kill all the enemy.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:17 PM

I didn't think it would be my thing but "It's a mad mad mad mad world" was on the TV and I enjoyed it a lot.
"Now what kind of an attitude is that, "these things happen"? They only happen because this whole country is just full of people, who when these things happen, they just say "these things happen," and that's why they happen"
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 11:43 PM

A really funny movie, Blazing Saddles is on BBC4 on this Thursday at 2210. Wonderfully un PC, with gags galore. I've seen it quite a few times, and still laugh my head off. The Woke lot would have kittens if they saw it. Just hoping some silly sods have not censored it.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:16 AM

I agree with Blazing Saddles. Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder were wonderfully funny. Airplane's also hilarious, and Life of Brian.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
A really funny movie, Blazing Saddles is on BBC4 on this Thursday at 2210. Wonderfully un PC, with gags galore. I've seen it quite a few times, and still laugh my head off. The Woke lot would have kittens if they saw it. Just hoping some silly sods have not censored it.
I would probably be classified as 'woke' by those unable to do better but I always rate Blazing Saddles as one of my favourite comedy films, certainly the funniest Mel Brooks ever came up with. Why? Because it is pretty spot-on satire of all the attitudes some people sadly still think of almost as holy writ. And in the governor, Petomane (?), Brooks presciently gave us Donald Trump as president.

I think the test of a great comedy film is does it make you laugh on the umpteenth viewing as much as it did the first?
So others in my list would include,
Airplane!
Galaxy Quest
The Three Amigos
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:45 AM

Galaxy Quest....I must have watched that film a dozen times and it still makes me laugh out loud
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:46 AM

Some of my favourites

The Pink Panther films with Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom
The Party (Peter Sellers)
Life of Brian
Airplane
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's either the Great Escape, or the Wooden Horse. Both have similar themes.
The Great Escape

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
That’s Gardner’s world…..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:21 AM

Christmas vacation

Father of the bride

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top