Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:57 AM

Re: Bad start...

Originally Posted by carol ->
@ coder.

Well obviously I won't hand it to the woman who bullied me!!

If you hand it in then it may hang around the Reception Area before the Manager gets it. The woman you've written about may ask questions about it and realise who it's from and it could vanish. I would email the manager as a back up if you hear nothing within, say a week.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

24-07-2021, 09:58 AM

@ coder.

Well obviously I won't hand it to the woman who bullied me!!
Yes of course. Was just kidding. Good luck with it, Carol. And don't let it upset you too much - life's too short!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
If you are entering a doctor's surgery and cannot wear a mask maybe a visor would be an option. Although not so effective as a mask they would provide some protection to others.
I always wear my mask in indoor situations scot, but it's for my own protection... Sod anybody else.... I'm sure they will be taking their own precautions...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:18 AM

Had it been me in that situation Carol, I would have calmly taken her name. It's amazing how understanding they become when they realise that they will be held personally responsible for anything that should happen to you.

I was once faced with a jobsworth refusing to accept an urgent delivery when I was a courier. It was 8:00pm and he kept telling me that no deliveries could be made after 4:30pm.
I knew that there were engineers frantically working through the night to get some computers up and running for the morning and I was specially assigned to deliver the electronic parts required.

I explained the situation but he was having none of it, so I asked for his name....After a short pause he asked why did I want his name, I told him that he would be held personally responsible for the failed delivery!
He quickly changed his mind and allowed the late delivery....
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

24-07-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I was once faced with a jobsworth refusing to accept an urgent delivery when I was a courier. It was 8:00pm and he kept telling me that no deliveries could be made after 4:30pm.

I knew that there were engineers frantically working through the night to get some computers up and running for the morning and I was specially assigned to deliver the electronic parts required.
It can be so frustrating. Sometimes I feel as though I'm about to burst. No sense of discretion, logic or common sense, as Carol said.

I've never heard this term "jobsworth" before, but they sound a lot like many of the staff who work for my landlord (a housing association). Their system is just a complete shambles.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 12:59 PM

For Coder. From google.

jobsworth

Learn to pronounce
nounDEROGATORY•INFORMAL
an official who upholds petty rules even at the expense of humanity or common sense.
"parks abound with jobsworths who delight in yelling that you can't do that without special permission

I think there was a TV programme years ago exposing silly jobsworth people. The word derives from 'It's more than my jobs worth (to allow that) etc
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:02 PM

Back from the surgery. The reception area was closed & I saw nowhere to post my letter of complaint. In the end I put it in an outside box designed for patients to post their repeat prescription in.

I'll just wait & see now..
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

24-07-2021, 01:11 PM

For Coder. From google.

jobsworth

Learn to pronounce
nounDEROGATORY•INFORMAL
an official who upholds petty rules even at the expense of humanity or common sense.
"parks abound with jobsworths who delight in yelling that you can't do that without special permission

I think there was a TV programme years ago exposing silly jobsworth people. The word derives from 'It's more than my jobs worth (to allow that) etc
Thanks for that, Carol!

Yes, definitely a fitting description for some of the staff in my landlord's offices.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top