Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:28 AM

Re: Me, me, me.

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I thought you were extremely patient with that lady, Artangel. With enemies like you, who needs friends!
UGC, You always say the nicest things and you are able to look at both sides of a story.

A lot of people judge and they weren’t even there!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:29 AM

I'm happy to let anyone offload to me, providing I've got the time and inclination to listen. No man is an island etc etc
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'm happy to let anyone offload to me, providing I've got the time and inclination to listen. No man is an island etc etc
Exactly!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Exactly, and I don't want half of someone else's trouble.
But helping to take the burden from someone isn't going to cause you trouble to be fair
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
UGC, You always say the nicest things and you are able to look at both sides of a story.

A lot of people judge and they weren’t even there!
That's nice of you to say so, Artangel. But I can tell you that it doesn't always come naturally. I can be a bit wicked sometimes and say some mean things.

But when I do this kind of thing, I've found that it sometimes comes back on me. For example, I received an email today with the subject line:

"Arriving today: Enemy At The Door"

At first I thought it was Harbal cycling down to my place to sort me out! But then I realised that it was from Amazon letting me know that my box set of the TV series 'Enemy At The Door' starring Alfred Burke, was arriving today! Phew! LOL!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
At first I thought it was Harbal cycling down to my place to sort me out!
I wouldn't do that; you could be bigger than me for all I know.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
But helping to take the burden from someone isn't going to cause you trouble to be fair
But some people (me) find it excruciating to listen to somebody droning on and on about their medical history or their family; particularly when they don't even know them very well. And then, of course, some people are harder than others to listen to.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I will talk to anyone, regardless, I even talk to my Bikes.

Bicycles should only speak when they are Spoken to Spitty...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, Why should l have to do all that?

Why aren’t l entitled to go about my way and enjoy my life? Why should l add to the global destruction by taking my car?

Saying, ‘Sorry, l need to finish my book’, sounds very rude to me. I could not do that as l am very polite and l find that quite an ignorant thing to say, actually.

Twink, I think you are being unrealistic! We are talking about over an hour of non stop, one way conversation here, not a fleeting, ‘Hello, lovely weather today but we could do with a bit of rain’!
I know exactly what you are talking about Art & if it was getting too much you needed to find a way to stop it.
I am also polite but,if somebody was chatting to me constantly I would have no problem saying " Sorry I will have to end our chat because I need to finish this book that I am returning to a friend today. I just haven't had enough time to get the the end!"! If you are sitting next to a person who wont stop talking for an hour you have to find a way of stopping it and I would rather tell a fib than put up with it & then tell people what a nuisance she had been.
I wasn't criticizing you, I was merely offering a suggestion of how you could stop the chat without causing offence!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Bicycles should only speak when they are Spoken to Spitty...
Bravo, Foxy.

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top