Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 03:33 PM

Exercising during the pandemic

I belonged to a gym but that’s no longer an option since lockdown so, I created my own home gym in my recreation room and put an airwalker (more like tool of immense torture) in a corner of my lounge in front of the telly. I’ve also got a boxing bag out in the backyard.

I don’t think I will ever go back to a gym. I never realised how easily germs spread

How do you get your exercise now that there’s a pandemic?
Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

09-02-2021, 03:56 PM

Re: Exercising during the pandemic

I just walk a bit. Not much really due to the weather. I'm dying to get back to Aquafit classes. They were such fantastic exercise.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 03:58 PM

I've got my home gym too. Trampoline, rowing machine, cross trainer, waist twister, Kettle bells, weights, skipping rope, stretch bands, stepper.

When we retired from our shop we aquired this extra room that used to be the stock room. After much thought what to do with it I decided on a home gym.

I just put my favourite music on & away I go.

I also enjoy walking & regularly do 5-6 miles - either with a friend or one of my offspring.

Use it or lose it they say.
I'm desperately trying to hang on to it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 04:00 PM

Walking and wiifit, mostly. My bike is being fixed, but I'm in no rush obviously, due to the snow. I have started a bit of Yoga but not consistent with it. When everything is free to be, I plan on starting wild swimming.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 04:03 PM

Just walking with the dogs. Weve had to change our walks a bit to avoid people but we get 6 miles on average and more if we go to the nature reserve.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 04:06 PM

Posted about my exercise here....

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...72#post2034872
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

09-02-2021, 04:19 PM

i made up my own routines from jogging on spot, stretches, sit up, dips, weights using plastic bottles or bucket filled with sand/water/dirt, its amazing how you can improvise,i do each in reps n sets then increase how much i do as it gets easier. i also cycle and do some running....dont need a gym.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jane10 ->
I just walk a bit. Not much really due to the weather. I'm dying to get back to Aquafit classes. They were such fantastic exercise.
Aquafit classes are great. I have a swimming pool where I swim lengths but I don’t really know any aquafit stuff
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-02-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've got my home gym too. Trampoline, rowing machine, cross trainer, waist twister, Kettle bells, weights, skipping rope, stretch bands, stepper.

When we retired from our shop we aquired this extra room that used to be the stock room. After much thought what to do with it I decided on a home gym.

I just put my favourite music on & away I go.

I also enjoy walking & regularly do 5-6 miles - either with a friend or one of my offspring.

Use it or lose it they say.
I'm desperately trying to hang on to it.
Wow Carol, you’re really kitted out! I still need kettle bells and a rowing machine. I’ve got a threadmill and the airwalker.

I just usually walk my dogs around the neighbourhood.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-02-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Walking and wiifit, mostly. My bike is being fixed, but I'm in no rush obviously, due to the snow. I have started a bit of Yoga but not consistent with it. When everything is free to be, I plan on starting wild swimming.
I used wii when my son was younger but we played those motion games with him like water-ski and ice skiing. What a workout but he grew out of it. Yoga is great for a gentle sweat and keeps those joints in good Knick. I need to do it more often.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top