Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:04 PM

Re: Now tell me why our police should not be armed.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
West European countries have almost all greater fatalities than UK. Switzerland for example. And Norway and Portugal are other examples.
Perhaps you're right.
Can you provide evidence?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Discipline in schools, non existent with the resultant juvenile delinquency.
Before discipline rules are needed and known consequences if those rules are broken.

That should start before attending school.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps you're right.
Can you provide evidence?
Unclear what Bosoeker means by "fatalities", nor where he's got his figures from.

Found this which suggests he might not be totally right.

Hopefully he will clarify by producing his own sources.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Before discipline rules are needed and known consequences if those rules are broken.

That should start before attending school.
Indeed. PPP is, unfortunately, commonplace these days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-06-2021, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Unclear what Bosoeker means by "fatalities", nor where he's got his figures from.

Found this which suggests he might not be totally right.

Hopefully he will clarify by producing his own sources.
QED

Thank you!
That would suggest that we should follow the lead of other Western European countries with regard to routinely arming our police.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It is indeed a slippery slope, bakerman. Used to be there weren't all of the drugs and drug dealers years ago in the the small towns of America. There are now. Times have changed in every city across the world, including London and Beruit. You can't compare using a cop stick to threaten someone on drugs, like a common burglar of years past.

Cope routinely kill, maim and harm those innocents?? Yes, a few do. But you don't point out the millions of calls to service every single day for police to come to the aid of someone being abused, robbed, beaten, threatened with a weapon, or their home broken into. Compare the good and brave acts police do for the entire population of our country.

Tell me, Bakerman. Who do you call when you need assistance from a home breakin? Or when someone does a hit and run with your child? Or someone abducts your child from the playground? Or someone randomly holds up your corner grocery store while your wife is trying to buy bread?
I have an idea it won't be your next door neighbor druggie. Or thugs on the corner where you live. My guess is is the closest police department.

But then, if you bad mouth law enforcement on a routine basis, who else have you got to call??
Vigilantes.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:58 PM

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...shire-14801525

So, is being a vigilante illegal? Technically, no. It’s not illegal to be a vigilante.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:07 PM

No comment on anything else said here. But the only countries where ordinary police arent armed are the UK, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland , Norway and Iceland. All police in all Australian states and territories carry a Glock 9mm and a taser. Patrol cars in some high risk areas carry heavier weapons..I think
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-06-2021, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No comment on anything else said here. But the only countries where ordinary police arent armed are the UK, New Zealand,
I suspect that the people of New Zealand are more sensible than us in the UK and know how to behave.

Come to think of it, until relatively recently we didn't need our police to be armed.

Something strange has happened in this country!

EDIT: Ah! I see you've edited your post whilst I was posting mine! Norway and Iceland are no doubt like NZ, then!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It is indeed a slippery slope, bakerman. Used to be there weren't all of the drugs and drug dealers years ago in the the small towns of America. There are now. Times have changed in every city across the world, including London and Beruit. You can't compare using a cop stick to threaten someone on drugs, like a common burglar of years past.

Cope routinely kill, maim and harm those innocents?? Yes, a few do. But you don't point out the millions of calls to service every single day for police to come to the aid of someone being abused, robbed, beaten, threatened with a weapon, or their home broken into. Compare the good and brave acts police do for the entire population of our country.

Tell me, Bakerman. Who do you call when you need assistance from a home breakin? Or when someone does a hit and run with your child? Or someone abducts your child from the playground? Or someone randomly holds up your corner grocery store while your wife is trying to buy bread?
I have an idea it won't be your next door neighbor druggie. Or thugs on the corner where you live. My guess is is the closest police department.

But then, if you bad mouth law enforcement on a routine basis, who else have you got to call??
======================================

For the overwhelming number of crimes, cops are useless. If robbed, beaten, home break-ins, etc. cops show up long after the criminal has gotten away. Uniformed cops, within a department, are at the very bottom of the I.Q. level.

Cops who investigate murders, however, are a different breed of cat. Almost always they are detectives who wear civilian type of clothing.

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top