Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:35 PM

Re: Imran Khan

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Now you should KNOW that response will guarantee that I will reply that I fully agree with it - but of course I don't.

There is no way that beating a dog would improve its temperament!

As for the rest, personally I doubt if Aesop wrote it.
I am pleased to hear that, because if you behaved like many Pakistani men I may have to castrate you
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am pleased to hear that, because if you behaved like many Pakistani men I may have to castrate you
Best not to bite off more than you could chew!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:37 PM

Why would any intelligent woman want to be treated mean to stay keen?
I am sorry but any woman who thinks that way does a disservice to the many women who fought hard for equality ( like the suffragettes)... so should be ashamed of themselves!

Twink....you probably weren’t there ,when they were born,

We all come from different backgrounds... a mean controlling father...well, who do you think the daughter will relate to best.

Not all....

A mean to keep them type of bloke.

Or sweetie pie...who is foreign to them..scarey also...

I related to number one.

No shame here...I was a victim...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Twink....you probably weren’t there ,when they were born,

We all come from different backgrounds... a mean controlling father...well, who do you think the daughter will relate to best.

Not all....

A mean to keep them type of bloke.

Or sweetie pie...who is foreign to them..scarey also...

I related to number one.

No shame here...I was a victim...
Sorry Pauline I am not sure I understand your post.
I think the saying "Treat them mean to keep them keen" was related to how men should treat girlfriends, but I am sorry if you suffered mean treatment from a father.

You are right though Emmeline Pankhurst was a little before my time!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:53 PM

Sorry Pauline I am not sure I understand your post.
I think the saying "Treat them mean to keep them keen" was related to how men should treat girlfriends, but I am sorry if you suffered mean treatment from a father.
Ok....but, some woman allow themselves to have a boyfriend, who treats them mean to keep them keen...it’s understanding why they do this.

For me “ NOW”....a man would never treat me mean to keep me keen.

It’s Abuse...which some of us had to figure out...

Understand what you’re saying though.

Men who rape....I believe have some sort of imbalance..or sick in the head....to do with culture as well do you think?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 02:00 PM

I agree that women needed to level the playing field! I just cant understand why any woman would be keen to be with a man who treated her mean. I disposed of any partner who didn't treat me as an equal!
My guess is that avoiding complacency and hence tedium is the underlying concept. Obviously this works both ways, but since men historically tended to be the ones who chunter on more loudly and write things down (whilst women got on with doing things that we're actually useful!), the sayings are more prevalently one sided.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-06-2021, 02:01 PM

Sorry, I didn’t mean a culture of rape, I meant a culture of treating woman below them.

I am equal to any human.including any man....not in society, as they have all the levels that go up to the top of the ladder....but that don’t matter to me .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-06-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ok....but, some woman allow themselves to have a boyfriend, who treats them mean to keep them keen...it’s understanding why they do this.

For me “ NOW”....a man would never treat me mean to keep me keen.

It’s Abuse...which some of us had to figure out...

Understand what you’re saying though.

Men who rape....I believe have some sort of imbalance..or sick in the head....to do with culture as well do you think?
Yes I think culture has a lot to do with it! If they are brought up to believe that men are superior to women it must be difficult for both the males & females to view life any other way.
I am eternally grateful to have been brought up during the womens liberation movement.... but I never burnt my bra!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-06-2021, 02:09 PM

Yes I think culture has a lot to do with it! If they are brought up to believe that men are superior to women it must be difficult for both the males & females to view life any other way.
I am eternally grateful to have been brought up during the womens liberation movement.... but I never burnt my bra!

Indeed..also if you have been brought up to feel inferior.

We are all equal..not in the world....but that don’t matter to me.

Once you know you are equal to everyone....it’s a great freedom.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Equality? That presumes much and is against nature. Kingsley captures the latter in his poem The Three Fishers "For men must work, and women must weep, And there's little to earn, and many to keep, Though the harbor bar be moaning."

The bar in this case is not a dockside boozer (for the benefit of the ignorant).
You are of course mixing up equality with equality of opportunity.

You're quite egregiously mischievous at times TAT, you little polemic tinker.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top