Join for free
Page 2 of 72 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:44 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Sounds good to me Gods Own county count me In Loiner born and bred
you could have a Secret Yorkshire section I know nicked from Secret Leeds but it throws up loads of local stuff

I like your idea of how to save money as they say
A Yorkshire man is a Scot stripped of his generosity
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:49 AM

Well as anybody will tell you Emerald theres no such area as Humberside
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Quite right - and that is why our clogs didn't rest until we had overturned that politically imposed name, and we won, as we always will. You can tell a Yorkshireman/woman by their steely grit, but you can't tell them much.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 10:07 AM

Thats true from the Tees to the Humber as Emerald states it were North Riding/West Ridiing and East Riding.
Making up Yorkshire.
I have often wondered why Yorkshire needs London.
We have our own city and we should rule ourselves.
I am sure we could make a better job of it that those buggers in Parliament.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 10:10 AM

I just love this never gets old.

We even have our own airline.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Sounds good to me Gods Own county count me In Loiner born and bred
you could have a Secret Yorkshire section I know nicked from Secret Leeds but it throws up loads of local stuff

I like your idea of how to save money as they say
A Yorkshire man is a Scot stripped of his generosity
Or as one bloke told me about forty years ago
"A Yorkshireman is like an Aberdeen Jew with the generosity squeezed out of him"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
Well .... any real Yorkshireman knows there's no such place as South bl**dy Yorkshire. They're Ridings lad
I completely agree. As far as I'm concerned, the original boundaries are still there, regardless of modern road signs and maps.

I wonder which party was in government in 1974.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:25 PM

Enough Said......

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
A while back I was thinking of starting a Essex Club but thought better of it. No bugger would join it.

Now this Yorkshire one as interested me. I were born in North Yorkshire still love the foods and the dialect and the flat caps mushy peas. My favourite teary movie as always been Lassie Come Home.
When I used to visit Boro I would always make a point of visiting Whitby for me fish n chips and mushy peas. I would pile my sisters and brothers in my car and drive across the moors like a mad hatter going to a tea party.
I would always amuse me how the blood would drain from their faces after a drive to Whitby those steep hilly roads were certainly not to their liking.

You forgot Mushy Pea's.
Oh and that culinary delite me granny always used to make when I was a nipper Black pudding and Pigeon pie.
Aye it were grand, tha knows.
Hi Longfellow.

I would join your Essex club even though I no longer live there but did for 30 years. Plus we wouldn't need a phrase book like the others.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:31 PM

Well there's another silly re-organisation of our county borders. How can there be a county split into two with no land connection other than a single bridge?

Our traditional county boundaries have been thus for a thousand years and some bloody politicians decided that we weren't moving with the times.

Also, I have a private opinion that it was jealousy on the part of some Southerners to see a northern county which is by far the largest in the land; much bigger than those piddling little southern counties like Surrey, Middlesex and Buckinghamshire.

Page 2 of 72 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top