Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 03:45 AM

Floydy's "Dark Side of the Pink" Journal.

In a sort of homage to the narrative daily ramblings of Jem's "Gumbud's Leisurely Scribbles and Old Grey Fox's "Bob's Bits", I've been toying with a similar idea myself.

I've always kept a (rather patchy) diary, a lot of it though just in my head, but with being on this forum a short while now I'm feeling I could add my own occasional journal musings to the forum. This will not be some kind of attention-grabbing exercise a la Facebook and the like, but merely a collection of bits and bobs which capture my imagination at any given time of the day.

However fanatic or erratic, prolific or enigmatic these writings may turn out to be is anyone's guess, it all depends on time and if I actually find anything interesting to write about! I may just jot down the odd thing which passes my mind, or maybe things I'm busy with at home, or I may decide to write a short essay on something that interests me. Who knows?

Anyway, whether this proves successful is anyone's guess. I'm not particularly bothered, I'll be using it as my own personal log but please feel free to comment, ask questions or even interview me on something - however you wish to participate it's all very welcome.

Regards,
Laurie
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Re: Floydy's "Dark Side of the Pink" Journal.

It would be so nice to hear your saucerful of secrets, shine on!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:44 AM

I could add my own occasional journal musings to the forum.
Look forward to reading it Laurie
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:56 AM

Looking forward to Your banter....love Your Name Laurie...reminds Me of the hero in one of the fav' books of My youth 'Little Women'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:06 AM

Looking forward to reading your musings Laurie ...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:25 AM

Great idea Laurie, be patient though, it takes time to build up a following and sometimes you think that you are the only one reading it. Persistence is the keyword, It gives me great pleasure to write in Bob's Bits and my large following enjoy it too, in fact, all three have mentioned this in the past....

Seriously though, I wish you every success and will look out for your interesting snippets......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 12:10 PM

That's all well and good Floydy, but don't provide me with toys, and scouting for boys.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Great idea Laurie, be patient though, it takes time to build up a following and sometimes you think that you are the only one reading it. Persistence is the keyword, It gives me great pleasure to write in Bob's Bits and my large following enjoy it too, in fact, all three have mentioned this in the past....

Seriously though, I wish you every success and will look out for your interesting snippets......
That's it Bob isn't it? It's the finding something interesting to write about when these things get underway. Hopefully, I'll get on with it tomorrow and we'll take it from there.

Thanks all for your encouragement and huge anticipation. I can't let you down now can I?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-07-2017, 05:23 PM

A very short post to begin then...
As it's 5.15 pm as I write, and I'm off to see a band for 6.30 tonight, I'll just type some words about the act in question:

When I was a acne-ridden introverted teenager of 14-15 years, who should come along to make things even worse for my deep insecurities than this chap, who is playing in Hull tonight - Gary Numan!
His wonderful, heavily Bowie-influenced electronics took me to a wonderful darker place with the ground-breaking single 'Are Friends Electric?' (under the name Tubeway Army) which hit No.1 for four weeks in the cold spring of 1979, followed the following September by the classic 'Cars'.
Here's Gary in an early session performing the former track:
Is that okay for a first post; the sort of thing we're looking for?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:08 PM

Gary Numan never anticipated Nik Kershaw, still unsure who is the king of electric solo pop, bit like Eubanks and the Dark Destroyer, from the same era.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top