Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 12:53 AM

Sexploitation of Children?

Watch this first:

What do you think? Is this an example of the over sexualisation of children?

The girl is 11 years old. Obviously very talented but is the flesh coloured leotard appropriate for a child of this age?

This video was 'shared' by a 50s something female dance teacher friend of mine on FB so it has some critical appeal. The video has over 2 million hits and Vivo is a popular, influential site.

To be honest I found it rather 'creepy' (to imitate some of the video's comments) and very unsettling to see a child performing in this way. Am I just a fuddy duddy?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 04:54 AM

Re: Sexploitation of Children?

Personally I don't see any harm in the dancing but the style of dress is inappropriate.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Watch this first:

What do you think? Is this an example of the over sexualisation of children?

The girl is 11 years old. Obviously very talented but is the flesh coloured leotard appropriate for a child of this age?

This video was 'shared' by a 50s something female dance teacher friend of mine on FB so it has some critical appeal. The video has over 2 million hits and Vivo is a popular, influential site.

To be honest I found it rather 'creepy' (to imitate some of the video's comments) and very unsettling to see a child performing in this way. Am I just a fuddy duddy?
I completely agree with you, Bruce.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Personally I don't see any harm in the dancing but the style of dress is inappropriate.
I think the adult content is also wrong for an 11yr old.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 07:15 AM

I think the style and movements of the 'dancing' plus the choice of leotard are totally inappropriate for an eleven year old.

Miley Cyrus springs to mind............

Gwyn
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->
I think the style and movements of the 'dancing' plus the choice of leotard are totally inappropriate for an eleven year old.

Gwyn
Absolutely agree ! Cyrus immediately came to mind - its not gonna get any better with the likes of her around !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:08 AM

I find the whole thing bizarre , a little girl dressed in a way that will cater to the pedophile tastes dancing in a filthy room with bare mattresses .
Who would want to watch this kind of thing and why..

Ok if you want to video a child dancing fine, dress her in some appropriate clothes and move her out of the squalid conditions which could (intentional or unintentionally) have a number of unsavory connotations .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:25 AM

After further consideration I agree with the rest of you. Little girls will dance but it's the style of dancing which is inappropriate.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:34 AM

There feels something terribly wrong about this, I'd certainly hate it to be my daughter or grandaughter...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

09-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->

Gwyn
OH Yuk! That is an image I would rather not have !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top