Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:49 PM

Re: did you ever

I think I was always well aware that if I was lucky I would be an old man one day, like everyone else the main concern was will I still be in fairly good health, thankfully I am now in my seventies, in rude health, and enjoying meself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think I was always well aware that if I was lucky I would be an old man one day, like everyone else the main concern was will I still be in fairly good health, thankfully I am now in my seventies, in rude health, and enjoying meself.

I have never known you to be 'rude' our Jem.

I wonder why we call it 'Rude' ?
Does anyone know?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 03:35 AM

Kids don't think about old, at least until they're in their teens anyway.
I've only just started worrying now actually ��
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
When in my 50s I thought 67 was really really old , now I'm there I can't believe I'm really really old .

Health wise I'm lucky , I'm active and quite well, i have to shove myself back up with my arms if I get down on my knees , once I could do the splits . My eyes are weaker though , but I wear my new purple specs with pride they match my pinky lilac hair !

To be honest I'm happier now as an oldie , im at peace with myself, I'm retired from full time work , I've got my pension and still work part time . I go to college and I'm learning how to draw portraits . So for me life is good . I'd never ever want to live my life again .

I love that you have pink hair and purple glasses Susan...wish I were that confident. Good for you
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 06:53 AM

I have purple glasses too. Just because I'm over 60 I'm not going to be invisible! I decided some time ago I was going to grow old disgracefully
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 08:13 AM

As for thinking about getting old when I was younger, no I never did think about it. Thinking back I think I thought it wouldn't happen the days seemed much longer, summer lasted forever I think I assumed I was immortal. It's a big shock now
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 08:22 AM

I've always been aware of the numbers.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 10:06 AM

I still get a pleasant surprise when I wake up every Morn as I didn't expect to live much past 60,most of the Women in My Family didn't..I have aches n pains but looking forward to My 75th soon and doing My best not to appear invisible

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top