Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 12:20 PM

Surprising offer of help

Just remembered that I meant to post this earlier in the week. A few months ago a mobile butcher began to park in the car park outside our flats. He was recently joined by a green grocer. On Wednesday curiosity finally got the better of me and I went down for a look see.

The butcher was just packing up to leave and had little to offer, although I did get his last little leg fillet for four quid. But it was the green grocer who gave me a lovely surprise. I asked what varieties of spud he had and at what prices. He rattled off the info, ending by saying he could do me a 56lb sack of Maris for £8. Bargain says I, shame I could never get them home. Where do you live he asked, and I just pointed up to the top flat and added that there was no lift.

Then he said "no problem, just open your window next Wednesday and shout down and I will bring them up for you"
I reminded him that it was up two flights with no lift and he responded "that's what I am here for don't worry".

How about THAT for old fashioned service?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Re: Surprising offer of help

Brilliant that's the way to keep customers happy ,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 01:02 PM

Great and something sadly missing from many shops these days even sainsburys won't deliver to us as we have no lift and we are only on the first floor !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 01:44 PM

What a lovely man Daisymay. Did you offer him a cuppa?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 01:46 PM

That 'is' the old fashioned way - good for him !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 01:51 PM

How lovely!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 02:01 PM

That's great Des, my wife pays 16 euro for the same size bag of Maris.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 02:29 PM

That's proper customer service and not pandering to Elf 'n Safety wallahs!

Anyone been watching that series on the East Coast Mainline recently?

Made me laugh when they had a scene in the buffet car with the 'customer service person' telling a frustrated passenger we don't do this or we don't do that and a 1st class passenger being asked "Wot can I getcha?"
It's all a bit over-familiar and "matey" if you know what I mean and it's certainly not customer Service is it Daisy?!!

We used to have very good customer services in the UK but now it's misunderstood what customer service actually means to many businesses.

Being kept on hold interminably on the 'phone or trying to explain something to someone on the 'phone who obviously has English as a second language comes under Customer Service but they just pay lip service to it really. stevmk2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 02:31 PM

How lovely is that daisymay - it shows there are still some people in the world who have hearts of gold
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:06 PM

Some people who run shops and business are fools, the most important thing is to keep your customers happy and they will come back, the cowboys dont last for long, word will quickly get round and they dont prosper, a bad meal in a restaurant is the kiss of death, an irate customer will tell all their friends, i know i do and wont go back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top