Join for free
wild Fleur
New Member!
Normandy France
wild Fleur is female 

19-12-2010, 02:36 PM

Experdition into deepest Calvados

Last week my ovan gave notice that Christmas lunch could be off the minu.
Panic was about to set in, as I useally make lunch on Christmas day for a couple of other friends who otherwise would be alone.
Here in France new ovans are very expensive, and I couldn't afford a new one anyhow. So I posted a request for a used one on a website that covers our area www.angloinfro.com . I got a reply right away. Some one had an ovan and hub at a price I could afford. I just had to collect it.
The problem is the websit covers a very large part of the county. When I found the address on the map it was some distance. I set off into deepest Calvados -the unknown.I hadn't been that far before, it certainly was wild.There isn't much traffic on the roads here and no hold ups,so you can travel a distance quite fast. It still took me nearly three hours to get there. It was well worth it and I got home before dark. I fitted the ovan and hob the next day, every thing works fine. I can't help but feel how lucky I was.Must go now and make a batch of mince pies.
Keep warm- Happy Christmas.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 05:36 PM

Re: Experdition into deepest Calvados

Well done Marilyn, I assume it was an electric hob and oven and that you are pretty good at DIY what was your proffession before you moved to France ???
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 08:00 PM

Aw well done - made the journey worthwhile - hope your mince pies cook well in it.

Take care.
wild Fleur
New Member!
Normandy France
wild Fleur is female 

19-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Hi there,
Yes it is an electic ovan and a gas/electric hob.
Mince pies turned out well. Think I'll just try one along with a glass of the good stuff.

In my past life I was a transport/export manager.Got my operator's licence in the 80s.

regards
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Well done Wild Fleur....no panic now over Christmas lunch......
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 02:56 AM

Very impressed that you could DIY!! Glad it was a successful trip and the oven's working well .. what a stroke of luck it was available on that website.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top