Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 02:24 PM

Re: The healthy eating challenge!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Bathsheba....
I think that instead of having things to pick at through the day, a proper meal would last longer, provide energy, and drive away those hunger pangs that have people reaching for the 'Nuts' Biscuits, dried fruit and other nibbles that are most certainly responsible for an overweight problem...
I agree, and what is worrying is the trend among mothers of young children these days to always take a little 'snack/treat' pack with them for their toddlers when going out anywhere. I'm not talking about going out for the day, when of course you'd need to have a packed lunch with you, but a trip to town for new shoes, or the weekly shop at the supermarket. These children are learning from a very young age that it's normal to have constant access to snacks - if they're tired, if they're miserable, if they're getting over excited, what's the solution? Give them a snack. I've seen this with young mums in my own family and know from them that it's pretty much the norm among their peer group.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It is a loaded question...Minx in my part of Yorkshire tea is what you would call dinner....but it changes from region to region. You would be posh to call your tea dinner where I come from
Aye summer we are couple of ruffians us eh hehe
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 03:28 PM

Breakfast: Porridge with 4 Blueberries thrown in.
Lunch/Main: Ham Hock, Vegetables.
Supper tonight: Chicken Wrap.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 06:24 PM

I dare not confess today!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I like him Meg, and have 2 books about this diet. One explains the theory of it and is very interesting, and the other one is 5:2 recipe suggestions.

If I stick to it, it works. I found I soon got used to the 'fast days.' which I used to have on Mondays and Fridays, then enjoy myself weekends.

They actually say 500 cals for the fast days, but the nearest I managed was 600-and-something.

I had started this again a couple of months ago, but then I was poorly so it all got abandoned. You have made me think about getting back to it now.
I like MM too Mups I have found his methods very effective . I lost 1.5 stones 4 years ago and have not put it back on again .

I don't get hungry like I used to either, I guess my body has adapted .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 07:01 PM

I've been rubbish today - 3 coffees and 2 biscuits. ALL DAY! I'm catching up now though with a salad and some....er.....fluid grapes.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I've been rubbish today - 3 coffees and 2 biscuits. ALL DAY! I'm catching up now though with a salad and some....er.....fluid grapes.
Pixie that's not enough to keep a sparrow alive! And you can hardly say that salad is a suitable 'catch up' .

Come on, get some proper grub inside you
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Pixie that's not enough to keep a sparrow alive! And you can hardly say that salad is a suitable 'catch up' .

Come on, get some proper grub inside you
I know., I know ...I grabbed some pizza and garlic mushrooms from the fridge and having that. Its getting late to be eating too much, so that'll do...Its friday night. I'll be healthy tomorrow
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:25 AM

Well it's been nothing but salad and pasta and fruit so far this week to get over this vaccine. (with a few cadbury's creme eggs and diet cokes to ensure it's a balanced diet!)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well it's been nothing but salad and pasta and fruit so far this week to get over this vaccine. (with a few cadbury's creme eggs and diet cokes to ensure it's a balanced diet!)
It's a good job you're not a runner Annie, you wouldn't get very far on that....

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top