Join for free
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 06:57 PM

Re: Oscar Pistorius

Look we are all mostly forum friends on here .
Sometimes we don't agree on things .
but there are times we have to stand up and say what we think is right .
It's not personal it's just saying it how it is.
Not every thread IMO should be cheapened in this way .
Let us draw a line under it now .
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 08:17 PM

Hasn't it been a lovely day ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 08:24 PM

Well it was until I logged on.

Someone on here is getting boring, creating such a massive fuss.
Time to log off again.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Correct .
It was cheap and crass.
There is absolutely nothing funny about a young woman being shot to death .

I don't think anybody thought there was Muddy, but people joke about disasters all the time. I don't know why but I understand that jokes about Pistorius are being told all over the world, even the S Africans are getting fed up of hearing about it, so make jokes. What bothers me is that there is so much criticism of the joke and the laughter that followed yet nobody seems to know who said it or who laughed. There were 2 comments, one was a reaction to the other and both were said by people I have respect for, one of the reasons I tried to take the jokes to another thread. I agree that we should draw a line under it and hope that we can agree to differ because those jokes were intended to be light hearted and the people concerned had not realized the reaction that they would cause..... mainly because we all have different points if view ..
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
[/B]

I don't think anybody thought there was Muddy, but people joke about disasters all the time. I don't know why but I understand that jokes about Pistorius are being told all over the world, even the S Africans are getting fed up of hearing about it, so make jokes. What bothers me is that there is so much criticism of the joke and the laughter that followed yet nobody seems to know who said it or who laughed. There were 2 comments, one was a reaction to the other and both were said by people I have respect for, one of the reasons I tried to take the jokes to another thread. I agree that we should draw a line under it and hope that we can agree to differ because those jokes were intended to be light hearted and the people concerned had not realized the reaction that they would cause..... mainly because we all have different points if view ..
Someone ... quick ..pass me the laughing gas.

And please, please tell me everyone has done now.
Some people could make a day long battle over whether to have the loo seat up or down.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 01:09 AM

I think this case has gone on over and over, and now his lawyers thought that by going in court without his prostheses would create sympathy for him....what was he thinking ? This guy killed a woman, period.

As for jokes being in bad taste on a serious thread like this ? I agree with Julie, muddy, morticia, Omah...and all the others. Jokes have a place, this is not the place. I keep on thinking how I would feel reading these tasteless jokes and my child had been murdered and I was a member here, trust me, I wouldn't feel too good.

We don't need to know the person who died to feel compassion and respect.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 01:39 AM

We definitely need grownups to tell us what we shouldn't laugh at. How else would we know?

BTW, nobody was laughing at the fact that a woman was murdered. The joke is on the SA legal system.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 02:23 AM

As much as I would like to agree with my fellow- Aussie
(who, like myself, is right 99% of the time),
some of those 'punch lines' had nothing whatever to do with the SA 'legal system' mate. Sorry.

And, god help me, even Morti is right
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Some people could make a day long battle over whether to have the loo seat up or down.
Women have waged that war since the loo was invented.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
I think this case has gone on over and over, and now his lawyers thought that by going in court without his prostheses would create sympathy for him....what was he thinking ? This guy killed a woman, period.

As for jokes being in bad taste on a serious thread like this ? I agree with Julie, muddy, morticia, Omah...and all the others. Jokes have a place, this is not the place. I keep on thinking how I would feel reading these tasteless jokes and my child had been murdered and I was a member here, trust me, I wouldn't feel too good.

We don't need to know the person who died to feel compassion and respect.
Exactly .....
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
As much as I would like to agree with my fellow- Aussie
(who, like myself, is right 99% of the time),
some of those 'punch lines' had nothing whatever to do with the SA 'legal system' mate. Sorry.

Don't be sorry Pum. I'm not.

Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top