Join for free
Page 84 of 95 « First < 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 01:54 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Have you ever read books by Derek Tangye? I would recommend those.

Also Alice's Diary and Alice's Adventures by Vernon Coleman The few books that have made me laugh out loud. Excellent writing.
I have read most of his. Don't know the other author.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:17 PM

Have just started reading the book of heroic failures - there are some doozies in there.

There's a section on driving tests that tickled me, like the fastest failed tests. Until recently, it was a woman who failed her test within one second by driving her car through the wall of the test centre. This was beaten into second place by a driver, who, anxious to get his test underway, tooted his horn for the examiner who came out and promptly failed him for sounding his horn while stationary.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:32 PM

The Binding by Bridget Collins, weird, mystical, scary & intriguing & I've only just started it. Not read any by her before & this is her first adult novel, she usually writes for young adults.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The Binding by Bridget Collins, weird, mystical, scary & intriguing & I've only just started it. Not read any by her before & this is her first adult novel, she usually writes for young adults.
I've just read this Tiffany - I thought at first that I wouldn't like it because I'm not into fantasies but in the end I couldn't put it down! It's very cleverly plotted.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:25 PM

Confederates by Thomas Keneally.
One I read when first published... certainly worth reading again.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

08-07-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I've just read this Tiffany - I thought at first that I wouldn't like it because I'm not into fantasies but in the end I couldn't put it down! It's very cleverly plotted.
It is very cleverly written & a bit scary too. I had a problem putting it down, want to know what happens next. Not really my sort of book either, but I needed something different to read, it certainly is that.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 03:58 PM

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

It is a very different type of love story, well written, with emotions for family and others totally believable. You are drawn in immediately, and can read this in an afternoon. In fact, I will look for this author again.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

12-07-2020, 06:54 PM

Larkrise To Candleford by Flora Thompson.
Still watching the series DVD's too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 07:24 PM

Their Little Secret by Mark Billingham.
Very different from usual crime novels.
I couldn't go to the library or charity shops so bought a few cheap from Aldi.
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 07:06 PM

The Wake by Paul Kingsnorth

...will stay with me forever, written in 'Anglish,' fake old English but was so wonderful...1066/Robin Hood kind of themes...

I bought 'Shogun' but it reads like crap by comparison, very dated, I'm sorry. I'm sure I will persevere.

Bought a re-release of Peter Kemp's account of fighting aside the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War. I'll read that instead.

Page 84 of 95 « First < 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top