Join for free
Page 30 of 56 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That reply says a lot Omah
Does it .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:13 AM

I imagine it's all done and dusted now and will blow over ... as these things usually do.

Personally I don't care whether Cummings was instrumental in Brexit or if he can walk on water. People talk about him as if he is God. He 's in the wrong but not honest enough to admit it or even appear contrite.

He implausibly explained away why he broke lockdown and tailored it to suit his own personal needs
whilst the majority of the rest of the country have made sacrifices, have altered their routines, have 'stayed put' for fear of either contracting or spreading Covid-19.
Some people have missed funerals, vital hospital appointments or been denied sharing their last precious moments with loved ones passing away.

To beat Coronavirus thank goodness the country is mainly peopled who understand the need to think of 'we' and not selfishly 'I'. I'm sure our esteemed Boris will agree with that sentiment. He may even applaud me.

If Cummings professes to have or is allegedly gifted with the ability to see the 'larger picture' which helps society as a whole overcome obstacles and make changes ... what a sad shame he rather proved the rotten exception to the 'rule' by flouting it himself in putting 'I' first.

I don't think much of the guy , or his attitude .. I wouldn't dare buy a secondhand car off him .. nor do I think much of Boris.
Rather worryingly he has come over as a desperate PM no longer in charge who can't function solo without being in tandem with this one particular man. Pitiful really.

Hopefully the country can now move on and think of the population instead of privileged, favored individuals.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:38 AM

Meanwhile the Mail, Guardian and the Mirror should provide a public apology for the lies they printed about Cummings extra trips they said he made.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
No, they haven't .....
Only those wringing their hands and re-reading yesterdays news,
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 12:00 PM

No doubt a post similar to this has been posted but I will ask it again. parents are reluctant to send their children to school saying "How on earth can you expect children to keep to the two metre rule" yet these same parents are quite happy to see their children playing happily together on a warm sunny sandy beach.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
No doubt a post similar to this has been posted but I will ask it again. parents are reluctant to send their children to school saying "How on earth can you expect children to keep to the two metre rule" yet these same parents are quite happy to see their children playing happily together on a warm sunny sandy beach.
Well a beach is open air, not a closed room and parents can watch their kids to make sure they don't break the distancing rules.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-05-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->

Because the parents are militant lefties
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 12:30 PM

Speaking about breaking the distancing rules - did you see the pack of feral reporters all tightly packed together like sardines outside Cummings' home yesterday shouting and carrying on? Obviously not averse to breaking the `rules` themselves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Annie my dear, the problems we are discussing were caused by
masses of people flying at high speed with very little control all
around this planet, and cannot be attributed to any one set of
politicians exclusively? This whole pandemic was caused by US!!
And Richard Branson of course??

Donkeyman! 😁😁
DM I was not talking about what caused Covid but about the here and now and our government have been incapable of closing our borders. Our borders are still open and they aren't even introducing checks and quarantine until mid June! That is total incompetence.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Speaking about breaking the distancing rules - did you see the pack of feral reporters all tightly packed together like sardines outside Cummings' home yesterday shouting and carrying on? Obviously not averse to breaking the `rules` themselves.
What "rules" are those?

Page 30 of 56 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top