Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Re: 5G Networks

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Part of Baz's quote:

"Research so far shows that it is unlikely mobile phones could increase the risk of brain tumours or other types of cancer. But we still need to know more about any potential long-term effects."

Hello Baz, your quote above doesn't confirm for sure there is no link, does it. It only says "Unlikely", then finishes up by saying they still need to know more though!

To me that reads like they are not 100% sure.

It's like all the folks who thought they were doing the right thing by giving up cigarettes and turning to Vaping instead.
How can they say the long term affects of that when it hasn't been tested long term yet?

I read somewhere the other day, there have now been 5 deaths attributed to Vaping - SO FAR.

Time will tell whether this is just the beginning or not, but hey, the companies have been making a nice profit all this time anyway.
Mups – That website was one of many found, I chose it as Cancer Research are possibly more than likely to have their figures correct as research into cancer is what they do.

If you read further down the text on that link there is another link containing more information, some of which is below and might clarify their results a little more:

"Group 2B – this is the one that mobile phones now fall under – means something is “possibly carcinogenic to humans”. It means there is “limited evidence” that something causes cancer in people, and even the evidence from animal studies is “less than sufficient”. Group 2B means that there is some evidence for a risk but it’s not that convincing. This group ends up being a bit of a catch-all category, and includes everything from carpentry to chloroform."

I guess that if mobile phone use has increased by 500% in the years between the 1990s and 2016 but their figures show an increase of 34% in cancer then it's not exactly indicating what would be expected with that rise in mobile phones but there are still cases of cancer which means they cannot say for sure these are not caused by mobile phone use. Only really long-term research will confirm or deny the link to mobile phones and that has to take place before they know any more.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 10:07 AM

Regards to mobile phones and cancers... The only thing I know is that a professor /inventor who worked at the BT Research Centre in Suffolk, and was our next door neighbour, would not allow his family to use a mobile phone other than for sending messages.
This was long before the public had any information of possible cancers connected to mobile use.
So maybe in the early years there was a need for worry, but they have been so modified now, there are probably more everyday things just as high a risk as they might be.

20 yrs ago we didn't really have mobiles, and do wonder what the next 20yrs will bring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am lucky if I can get 3G where I live so I don't even have a smart phone and 5G will pass me by....
Exactly Meg. I think they are jumping the gun as as always but the usual suspects will just have to have it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote from Bruce.....
Oh gawd? seriously?

They use up to 6Ghz the same frequencies used in the 60s to 80s by transmitters in the PO Tower and other microwave towers all over Britain. Did we get reports of bird falling out of the sky then? Those transmitters were much more powerful than 5G and far more concentrated as they were very directional.

We have had reports in our news of half wits in the UK attacking and burning 5G towers. Repeating this sort of nonsense is the cause.

It has long been recognised what microwaves can do to a human body.
A microwave oven works at around 2.4GHz and is enclosed in a metal box to prevent microwaves from escaping. Faulty seals on the doors of microwave ovens have been known to produce boils and tumours to anyone in close proximity. Consider what microwaves do to your food.

5G works from 3.4GHz - 3.6GHz and is not directional. The 6GHz transmitters of the 60's and 80's were directional and as such could be transmitted at far lower power levels (think Lasers, very low power light sources that travel in a single beam for miles as opposed to a torch, where the beam spreads out after leaving the bezel, travel only a few yards and uses twenty times the power of the Laser) and kept to narrow band, 5G radiates at 360* from the mast and consequently needs almost a hundred times the power. Even then the range is very poor compared to 4G and will require many more masts.

I do not subscribe to the theory that 5G has anything to do with the virus. However, my argument is; how can the establishment be allowed to just infiltrate our communities with questionable technology, including HS2, Smart Motorways and autonomous vehicles. This is our (the peoples) country and community and these things can be sprung upon us without even consultation. We are being used as lab rats and experimented on without our permission.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Quote from Bruce.....
Oh gawd? seriously?

They use up to 6Ghz the same frequencies used in the 60s to 80s by transmitters in the PO Tower and other microwave towers all over Britain. Did we get reports of bird falling out of the sky then? Those transmitters were much more powerful than 5G and far more concentrated as they were very directional.

We have had reports in our news of half wits in the UK attacking and burning 5G towers. Repeating this sort of nonsense is the cause.

A microwave oven works at around 2.4GHz and is enclosed in a metal box to prevent microwaves from escaping. Faulty seals on the doors of microwave ovens have been known to produce boils and tumours to anyone in close proximity. Consider what microwaves do to your food.

5G works from 3.4GHz - 3.6GHz and is not directional. The 6GHz transmitters of the 60's and 80's were directional and as such could be transmitted at far lower power levels (think Lasers, very low power light sources that travel in a single beam for miles as opposed to a torch, where the beam spreads out after leaving the bezel, travel only a few yards and uses twenty times the power of the Laser) and kept to narrow band, 5G radiates at 360* from the mast and consequently needs almost a hundred times the power. Even then the range is very poor compared to 4G and will require many more masts.

I do not subscribe to the theory that 5G has anything to do with the virus. However, my argument is; how can the establishment be allowed to just infiltrate our communities with questionable technology, including HS2, Smart Motorways and autonomous vehicles. This is our (the peoples) country and community and these things can be sprung upon us without even consultation. We are being used as lab rats and experimented on without our permission.

I feel much the same as you, Foxy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

There isn't much in this that is accurate except that it has nothing to do with the virus.

Microwave ovens produce 1000W and are a metre or so away from you hence the Faraday cage, there is no phone tower producing anything like this power. If you bypassed the door interlock and ran the microwave with the door open the power 30m away wouldn't hurt you either (I don't recommend trying this however)

The PO Tower mentioned before had 2Ghz, 4Ghz and 6ghz Transmitters. it is true the aerial was directional but it carried far further than the 5G networks and because of the curvature of the earth was very close to the ground at the centre of its travel. Bird used to attempt to nest in the aerials but still no reports of birds falling out of the sky

It is true that 5G is omni direction but it is also true at the inverse square law ensures that power is dissipated very rapidly. The 200mW power from your phone is 10,000 times greater than the power received from the tower (and received by the person holding the phone).

The statement , "5G radiates at 360* from the mast and consequently needs almost a hundred times the power." is pure fiction. That largest 5G array is a maximum of 120W and relatively uncommon but as pointed out this 120W radiated in all directions from a higher tower the aerials are also, directional which is why there are several of them to cover 360°. The area at the base of the tower is often a dead spot ie no signal.

A 5G macro cell antenna will be placed up on a tower or on the roof of a high building. Height above ground is thus some 30 m, and we assume a position in 100 m distance from the antenna. Path loss can be calculated to as =82.5dB. The received power is 50 dBm – 82.5 dB = -32 dBm, which is less than one µW. (1 millionth of a watt - you receive more radiation from your home wifi)
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 11:32 AM

I have told this before but I will repeat again

15 years ago approx daughter bought a mobile phone , she was always talking on it with it to her ear , her right ear, months on she had a lump grow from inside her head into her ear , she had the lump taken off , it was cancer free , so she carried on yapping into this mobile phone and guess what the lump grew again , from her head into her ear . She had it removed again . Again thank God cancer free .

From that day she has never held the phone to her ears , she has it on loud speaker . I rarely hold the mobile phone to my ears I have them on loud speaker.

Now I dont know much about stuff but I do know that the mobile phone caused her head lump . She was lucky it was not cancerous
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I have told this before but I will repeat again

15 years ago approx daughter bought a mobile phone , she was always talking on it with it to her ear , her right ear, months on she had a lump grow from inside her head into her ear , she had the lump taken off , it was cancer free , so she carried on yapping into this mobile phone and guess what the lump grew again , from her head into her ear . She had it removed again . Again thank God cancer free .

From that day she has never held the phone to her ears , she has it on loud speaker . I rarely hold the mobile phone to my ears I have them on loud speaker.

Now I dont know much about stuff but I do know that the mobile phone caused her head lump . She was lucky it was not cancerous
Absolutely Susan, I'm glad she was able to have the lump removed and made a full recovery.

I have been trying to find an article that I read about some girls in an office. Behind one of them was a microwave for warming up their lunches, the girl who was sat in front of the microwave developed several medical problems including boils on her back and in her scalp.

It was later found that the seal on the microwave door was leaking and she was in the line of fire. Despite all the technical jargon, we do not really know how microwave signals are affecting our world.

I transported on of our neighbours to Weston Park Hospital in Sheffield each week for cancer treatment. She had breast cancer.
On one visit I was talking to the nurse in charge. I told her how surprised I was at the number of people waiting for treatment; mainly breast cancer and men for prostate cancer.
The car park was a no go area due to the volume of patients and I had to drop her off and park over a mile away.

The charge nurse told me that she had worked in the cancer treatment department for over fifteen years, and back in those days just a handful of patients were turning up for treatment. She said that it has almost doubled each year to the volume it is now, and a new wing is being constructed...In the car park!

So what is responsible for the huge rise of cancer patients requiring treatment each year?
When I was young I didn't know anyone who had cancer, perhaps one or two as I grew older, and mainly lung cancer probably associated with high levels of pollution from coal fires and smoking.
But as of today, I personally know ten people suffering with prostate cancer and six more ladies with breast cancer......And all of this so people can turn their lights and heating on remotely...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 01:54 PM

Yes OGF I hear what your saying . When I was young someone who had cancer was a rarity and was whispered about. But nowadays its every other person .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-04-2020, 09:39 PM

There are lots of examples like this one found on the internet...

An engineer replaced a woodpecker-damaged feed horn of a high-power microwave antenna, a 15-meter dish at an Earth station of a television network, using a cherry picker. After finishing, he sent his technician to power up the transmitter, and attempted to lower the cherry picker down. The engine failed and the engineer was stuck next to the antenna, outside of its main lobe but well within the first sidelobe. The technician, unaware that the engineer was still close to the antenna, powered it up. The engineer was exposed to an intense microwave field for about three minutes, until the error was realized. There were no immediate symptoms; the next morning the engineer detected blood and solid matter in his urine, and visited a doctor, who found blood in stool and massive bowel adhesions. The engineer's medical problems lasted for many years.[23]

And........

The biological effects caused by microwave radiation can be serious, although not specific, so we often do not connect them with the cause. These might include: chronic fatigue, somnolence, trouble with concentration and memory, frequent headaches, also dysregulation of the hormonal and nervous system resulting in emotional instability and fertility problems.
Changes in the body under the influence of radiation also results in a decrease in immunity, and therefore increases the risk of infection and development of cancer cells. If you have to use microwaves, try not to stand close while they are on!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top