Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 07:43 PM

Re: Anarchists or activists?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Extinction Rebellion are vermin
So are the Tories. Not to mention the brexiteers who are even below that.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A 'musical interlude' for you now.
Here is a bunch of proper anarchists. This Crass with "Bloody Revolutions", a single from the early 80's which sums things up in Thatcher's Britain at the time:
Lyrics are good Floydy!
Musics crap!
IMO
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
So are the Tories. Not to mention the brexiteers who are even below that.
Could you put your age in your profile Purwell??
Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Lyrics are good Floydy!
Musics crap!
IMO
Donkeyman!
It is what it is, Donkeyman.
A statement by a punk band. Nothing more.
If you understood this kind of "music" you would be qualified to say if it was any good or not.
IMO!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:08 PM

Donkeyman!
That was bl**dy funny.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Of course I'm sitting comfortably in my warm home but that doesn't mean that I don't realise the importance of what the environmental heroes are doing.

If I was physically able to join in then I would but I have changed my lifestyle in order to at least reduce my impact on the environment.

We've installed tripple glazing and flogged off the double pane windows, we've installed a couple of heat pumps to lessen the load on the main condensing boiler, that was another change from the old Parkinson brute that was here when we moved in. We've installed a zoned hot water system and separate time managed thermostat controls, we've replaced all incandescent lights with (now) LED bulbs, we've installed two ovens in place of just the one so that there's a big brute and a much smaller thing for ordinary use, fuel efficiency was a deciding factor when I changed car very recently, we'll be using my wife's car for our occasional trips to the continent, and looking at our fuel bills alone the reduction is surprising which translates into the reduction of environmental impact we are making.
That's all nice if you can afford it. What about those living on a low wage? Who's going to buy them a more efficient car or install heat pumps for them?

Glad to hear you have reduced your gas guzzling trips to the continent a bit though.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That was bl**dy funny.
I must agree with that
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's all nice if you can afford it. What about those living on a low wage? Who's going to buy them a more efficient car or install heat pumps for them?

Glad to hear you have reduced your gas guzzling trips to the continent a bit though.
Again...I gather from the news that Boris is referring to the mob as Crusties... then I looked at Artfuls profile picture sorry Art but it does...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Donkeyman!
I've asked him before whether mummy knows he's playing with her computer.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

07-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Is it half term already?

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top