Join for free
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:01 PM

Melbourne Cup.

Today. The race that stops a nation.
Statewide day off.
Big fuss this year though because of the recent exposure of how they treat the race horses after their careers are over.No living out their lives in well deserved retirement for most of them.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:42 AM

Re: Melbourne Cup.

Yes I'll give it a look. In the sweep at my wife's work. Maybe I'll win a couple of bucks and get a bit of left over cake. I couldn't watch the ABC report on the racehorses. Makes me too bloody angry. Makes me wish I was as filthy, dribbling, falling down rich as some of the bastards that discard them so I could adopt them all. I love horses.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:58 AM

Last time I watched it a horse broke its leg its was horrible to see .

There is tremendous wastage in the racehorse industry ( its the same in the UK) Horses run too young - there is no good reason whatsoever to run a horse at two years old its only a baby and its bones aren't set. They are nearly always damaged in the back or legs and that makes most of them them unsuitable for a suitable career after racing .
also a racehorse ( although cheap and beautiful) is not everyones easy ride .
They are not educated only trained to accept the weight of a light but strong jockey so need careful handling .

People are always shocked by the wastage involved in the industry - many norses ever race at all but are sold for slaughter .
A nation of dog lovers often forget ( or don't want to think )where in fact most pet food originates .
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 01:28 AM

I usually watch the race, 'specially if there is a Kiwi horse running, but I can't see "Chosen One' a rank outsider winning. BUT stranger things have happened.!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 05:53 PM

Race horses go for slaughter everywhere .

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports...es/2485345001/

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top