Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 01:07 PM

Re: The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My question is, Why didn’t the taxi driver ring for the police when the man was shooting at the girls and the house?
I didn't get that far but those who did are asking:

"Why on earth did the taxi driver sit there waiting for Johnny to shoot up the place then drive him away, he could have been shot too?"
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30355...-episode-taxi/

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 01:12 PM

Here's a review, particularly the last paragraph, which sums up my thoughts:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...review-1351312

It looks fantastic and the supporting cast are excellent, particularly Ellie Bamber as Mandy Rice Davies, but the disjointed narrative, full of flashbacks and flash-forwards, made it hard to get a sense of the unfolding scandal. And some of the dialogue and voiceover was unforgivably clunky (“what started as harmless fun has sown the seeds of scandal”). There’s still time for it to improve but I’ve a feeling it may have a common failing of historical drama – overly familiar to those who know the story and overly confusing to those who don’t.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 11:11 PM

Tonight’s episode revealed CK in a very unflattering light .
Not the sharpest knife in the box with only her looks and figure going for her she also had a very loose mouth .
Amazing trust those men had really ,you’d never expect any of them to put pen to paper ?
What a liar Profumo was ? I always thought him very personable .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 06:37 PM

OK

Just finished the first Ep

Well done to the BBC showing the true facts that happened.

There was a scene where MRD was having sex and was taken to task after because 2 slices of bread were missing.

He had just given her £500 for her 18th birthday and moaned about two slices of bread missing.

He had been in a Concentration camp in the war.

He also gave us a new English word.

RACHMANISM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMX8eQbFW4
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
OK

Just finished the first Ep

Well done to the BBC showing the true facts that happened.

There was a scene where MRD was having sex and was taken to task after because 2 slices of bread were missing.

He had just given her £500 for her 18th birthday and moaned about two slices of bread missing.

He had been in a Concentration camp in the war.

He also gave us a new English word.

RACHMANISM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMX8eQbFW4
Thanks for that link Galty ,very interesting .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 04:36 PM

Ah! That was Rachman was it? I don't remember any one saying his name.

This series is of interest to me because, although I was 13-14 at the time, I neither knew nor understood little of what was going on on the political front or about this scandal until many years later.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 03:06 PM

Can see why Stephen Ward was kept busy treating his clients bad backs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26341122

The file on Ward is currently closed from public view until 2046, because this is 100 years after the birth of Ms Rice-Davies, the youngest of the trial witnesses.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 03:25 PM

Ward was earning about 5K a year ...around 150K into days money.

An aside MRD was born in 1944.

And also she is dead she sadly died of cancer just after her 70th birthday five years ago.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 03:49 PM

So it is likely that he supported them. Guess there are still a few facts they need to keep from disclosure.

All directly involved are no more, so wonder whose reputation they are still protecting.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 09:30 PM

Will we ever find out why an MP Secretary of State, whose father was a member of the Italian Aristocracy a Baron, chose to have an affair with a girl young enough to be his Granddaughter.
Especially as he was married to an Attractive Actress Valerie Hobson, who acted with John Mills & Lawrence Olivier.
She was also a very loyal wife who gave up her career to help him as an MP. She of course knew he could never be monogamous as he had had previous affairs.

Also how could a man of his stature and position not realise tha Christine was a Kiss and Tell Girl ?

Christine Keeler was a Man Magnate and me of all ages were attracted to her like moths to a flame.
It did not matter that she had slept around, and smoked like a chimney and had a mouth like a sewer when angry.
She was naive, and had no idea that she was playing with fire, consorting with a high ranking MP and a Russian Spy at the same time.

That was the Era when may high ranking figures and MP's had affairs and as a matter of course blind eyes were the order of the day.
Mistresses were passed around like 'Pass the Parcel Including Royal Mistresses.

All this makes for very entertaining TV.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top