Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:40 PM

Re: 2 Ingredients only - Chocolate Mousse - Divine!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Who doesn’t love Chocolate? I made two sundae dishes of Chocolate Mousse this morning, (sigh! Both for HWMO, as dammit, still on my diet) so it’s one for him this evening and one for tomorrow.
I admit though, I did lick the spoon after the last two spoonfuls were put into the Cream and before I threw it into the waiting bowl of sudsy water to be washed. Yum!

Only two ingredients needed. I used a bar of Green’s dark chocolate 70%, but the recipe says it is better with a dark chocolate of 60% as not so rich. Huh! Get out of here.

You will need

2 mixing bowls (one that is heat-resistant and fits nicely into a saucepan of simmering water without touching the water.
1 chopping board
1 very sharp knife
1 Spatula
1 Hand Mixer
1 saucepan with a little simmering water- about ¼ way up the inside.

Ingredients

200g Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate
100ml Whipping Cream (MUST be at room temperature)
300ml Whipping Cream (this is chilled of course)

Method

Using the chopping board, cut the chocolate into small pieces and place into a heat-resistant bowl with the 100ml of ROOM TEMPERATURE whipped cream. (has to be room temperature cream or it could cause the bowl to crack if chilled).

Place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water and mix continuously with a spatula until the mixture is completely melted.

Remove the bowl from the saucepan and let it cool for a minimum of 15 minutes.

While it is cooling, whisk the CHILLED whipping cream until soft peaks have just formed. Do not whisk for any longer.

Now using a tablespoon, add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream a little at a time (about two tablespoons) and gently whisk until combined. Continue until all of the mixture has been added to the whipped cream but still not too over whipped.

I’ve added the video for you to watch as much more enjoyable than reading this. I certainly didn’t bother with piping the mixture into the sundae dishes though. Huh again!, it’s only Thursday, they are both for HWMO and none for moi, and would mean more washing up!
Actually, I’m fibbing, I grated some tiny Orange peel over the top just for decoration.

Enjoy!

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Forwarded to my dear wife. I hope you don't mind.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 05:23 PM

These are one's we both like. They are on offer at Tesco for a £1. Also available in Salted Caramel, White Chocolate or Strawberry. Delicious!!

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 10:57 PM

Sounds fantastic. I'll have to give it a go, soon. It looks simpler then my version with whipped egg whites and whipped cream. Yum
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Who doesn’t love Chocolate?
ME!!

Normally I cannot wait to try the recipes you put up, Shropshiregirl, but will give this one a miss.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:20 AM

Still 2 ingredients but i am too lazy when it comes to food preparation. Hence why with this kind of desert I buy Angel Delight packets, mixing bowl, milk, whisk, sorted..yummy
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 07:00 AM

Would go down well with banana pancakes. Also 2 ingredients - banana and egg!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Still 2 ingredients but i am too lazy when it comes to food preparation. Hence why with this kind of desert I buy Angel Delight packets, mixing bowl, milk, whisk, sorted..yummy
Good grief - is that stuff still around?
My mother - the world's worst cook - even managed to make Angel Delight look/taste like wallpaper paste!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 10:08 AM

Don't tempt me SG I am doing so well with my healthy lifestyle diet ..
Now where are my nuts
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Forwarded to my dear wife. I hope you don't mind.
Good gracious Besoeker, not at all, the more the merrier!
Love to try out recipes with the minimum of ingredients.

You would have laughed if you had seen the two sundae dish desserts I made for HWMO last week. I made up 2 x Strawberry Angel Delights, made a Strawberry Jelly by adding 1/2 pint of Apple Juice with the 1/2 pint of water, to make up the pint of liquid needed and let it set just enough that it easily whipped up with a fork, and a packet of defrosted frozen Strawberries which I blitzed quickly in the blender just to make them into a thick puree.
I then spooned into the sundae dishes first a layer of Angel Delight, a layer of Strawberry Puree and a layer of Jelly (two layers of each per sundae dish, ending with an extra layer of Angel Delight and a Strawberry on the top. It looked gorgeous! and who cares that this is something one would normally serve to a child! HWMO loved it, and will definitely be one of my go-to desserts when I want something quick and easy.
I'm all for an easy life.

So yes please, indeed pass it on, if your dear wife is a chocolate lover, she will love this recipe for Chocolate Mousse.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
These are one's we both like. They are on offer at Tesco for a £1. Also available in Salted Caramel, White Chocolate or Strawberry. Delicious!!

They are indeed very very nice John, I have bought these previously. The only problem is that HWMO would eat both of those in one go, as they are too small for one portion for him. God only knows how he never puts an ounce of weight on, it's so unfair. With the Sundae dishes full of home-made dessert (Home-made - that's a joke) he always feels he has had a dessert worth eating. and works out cheaper than these as I always have dessert for two days. (I would have to buy two of yours to satisfy Mr Glutton here)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top