Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:46 PM

Re: Thunberg gets own show

? ... could be a case of ...

... televisions need the world's largest coal-fired power station to power them, but now they are powered by greener methods.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand her.

It's her arrogance that's irritating ... and a refusal to accept that she herself is as hypocritical as the adults she's trying to belittle.
And so much anger with it too!
She's from a wealthy family ... apparently her mum represented Sweden in the 2009 Eurovision song contest.
You are not supposed to like her, but you must admit she is an extraordinary creature, who's achieved a lot.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I clicked onto the BBC link to Newsround, that tells us about this. Scrolling down to 'join the conversation' (not that I would ) but it says that I am too old to join in ! How would they know ?
Too much information extracted from individuals these days.

Greta is the new darling and her followers are kids with big ideas. The unfortunate point is as written in the Guardian yesterday ....

"The rising demand for flat-screen televisions could have a greater impact on global warming than the world's largest coal-fired power stations, a leading environmental scientist warned yesterday. "

So maybe she should begin by telling everyone to turn their flat screens off ?
Yes, I see what you mean. I didn't realise that saving the planet was age related, or even just commenting on a website. I noticed that a lot of comments had been removed and went to the rules section and it seem the whole website is just one big snowflake.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
You are not supposed to like her, but you must admit she is an extraordinary creature, who's achieved a lot.
Like what?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:58 PM

Like what?
Well she has p*ssed off almost everyone over 18.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:00 PM

True ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-02-2020, 06:02 PM

True ...
I love the new pic btw. Very chic!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

11-02-2020, 06:04 PM

Like what?
Well, thanks to her [sarcasm alert] and her ability to cause a stir and make governments sit up and listen, we'll all need a new car and a new CH boiler soon.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-02-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love the new pic btw. Very chic!
Do you think so? Thanks I wasn't sure whether the gloves would make my bingo wings look massive.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I saw this in today's Metro and thought OMG the little twerp's got her own programme now on the oh-so-righteous BBC.

Flat screen tellies are adding to global warming? How did s/he work that one out? What about all the energy that was consumed in making all those 36" glass cathode ray tubes not so many years ago?
Flat screen televisions use much much less electricity than the old CRT horrors.

Plasma flat screens use a little more but not a great deal.

A typical 32 inch colour TV uses around 400 Watts and was often a fire hazard and a source of "soft" x-rays.

Fact.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top