Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 10:03 PM

Daylight Robbery

This was a robbery in broad daylight around Christmastime just gone. This is 5 minutes from where I live. The gall of these people, broad daylight, faces not even covered??? Apparently they had a machete, I'm sorry for all the people in that store at the time, apparently there was a pregnant woman in there when this happened.

What is happening to our country, it never used to be like this round here. I'm in mourning of my lost hometown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOUC-aDJe4
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 10:22 PM

Re: Daylight Robbery

That's awful!
On our local news a guy on roller skates stabbed people in Knowle, Bristol, somewhere I used to shop often.
My daughter's friend was driving through The Gorge and a man landed in front of her, he'd jumped from the top.

It feels like the World's gone mad!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's awful!
On our local news a guy on roller skates stabbed people in Knowle, Bristol, somewhere I used to shop often.
My daughter's friend was driving through The Gorge and a man landed in front of her, he'd jumped from the top.

It feels like the World's gone mad!
oh wow, that's horrendous. Good lord what is happening
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh wow, that's horrendous. Good lord what is happening
All of these kind of things should be a huge, and obvious tip-off that our societies are headed in the wrong direction. It's past time that we return to old style parenting, old-style schooling, old style policing and old style judges who are not afraid to sentence those young thugs to lengthy jail terms.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 08:49 AM

What! The British Government has reintroduced a tax on windows? Outrageous, I blame it on Brexit Boris.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:02 AM

Yes it's a scarey place for me as I get older. Our little sea side town is no longer the safe quiet place it was . Our local police force trying to keep on top of crime and drugs and anti social behaviour . A lovely beauty spot people cant walk to as their is an underpass often frequented by foul mouth youths scaring families .

I do wonder if Britain is the worst country for disrespect and antisocial behaviour as we do seem to have a very bad reputation when abroad
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
This was a robbery in broad daylight around Christmastime just gone. This is 5 minutes from where I live. The gall of these people, broad daylight, faces not even covered??? Apparently they had a machete, I'm sorry for all the people in that store at the time, apparently there was a pregnant woman in there when this happened.

What is happening to our country, it never used to be like this round here. I'm in mourning of my lost hometown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOUC-aDJe4
Such arrogance ... but somehow doesn't seem so bad as some cctv footage you see of shopkeepers getting attacked.

And you'd have thought these people would be wise to the fact that if you wear a hood and/or mask you are less likely to get recognised.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:34 PM

Immigration and multiculturalism.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:28 PM

What do we expect?
We live in the crime capital of Europe, and we all know why that is now the case.

What can we do about it?
We can't take the law into our own hands. The courts take a very dim view of that sort of thing and anyone defending themselves and their property can be assured that the law will punish them to a greater extent than they do the criminals who cause the problems in the first place.

Boris seems to have done nothing about it either.

EDIT:
We have just discovered that we, along with at least four others who parked along the road outside the place where we attended a concert last night, have had our car 'keyed'. I might add that we were not parked on the pavement or close to another car. Some young yobs have obviously gone along the road causing damage for a kick.

Needless to say, we have not informed the police as that would be pointless.

Not sure now whether to try 'Chips Away' or just leave it, as I'm confident that a similar things is bound to happen again before long.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:54 PM

It worries me that, when I'm out fishing, I could be arrested for being in possession of a bladed weapon. 'Tis true! I own a folding, lockable, knife with a very, very sharp 4" blade and a needle point. I use this knife solely for preparing bait, cutting up apples and other food items, etc but still, it could be used to kill someone. When not in use, I keep it folded, in a tackle box, in a tackle bag, in a locked storage container. I bought it quite legally over the counter at our local huntin', shootin' and fishin' shop in town.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top