Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:55 PM

Can't import photos - Help

Since the latest Windows update my laptop is saying there's no photos on my SDHC Sandisk card from my camera!
I took photos today and I can view them on my camera screen.

The Help page is no use, please can someone advise?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 11:20 PM

Re: Can't import photos - Help

looks as if the codec the camera is using is different to the codec the computer has.

First of all i would make sure you haved the latest windows update and the latest camera update.

However that won't help you with your present problem. There may be an answer by using a sandisk program on your computer

check out one of these

https://www.google.com/search?q=sand...hrome&ie=UTF-8

you don't say what camera or how old or the make of model number so I can look it up for you for the latest version

Note

A codec is a device or computer program which encodes or decodes a digital data stream or signal
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 11:44 PM

Are you connecting the camera directly to the PC, and if so, does it show up in Windows Explorer?

Devices such as cameras, MP3 players etc. connected to a PC can act like an external drive. It may be that the Windows update hasn't got the correct driver to recognise your camera as an external storage device. Run Windows Explorer and see if it's listed on the left-hand side of the dual window that opens.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 11:57 PM

what has happened in the past is third party equipment has not been updated, ie your camera especially with windows updates
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:30 AM

It's a Fuji finepix S bridge camera. It's never been a problem until now. I've uploaded thoysands before. It's not got a cable only a card.
The only difference is the update.

I'll try my old laptop just to check later.
If it works I'll upload to fb then downliad onto my newer one, which I've had for two years with no problems importing before.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-03-2020, 09:14 AM

Will try that Judd.

My camera doesn't get updated.
Sorry I don't understand tech speak. No idea what codex is.
Imagine you're talking to a two year old who's not very bright. I just know how to import photos with a card that goes into a slot. It's saying no photos on card.
Thanks chums x
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 09:36 AM

I don't know for sure why your usual method of transferring photos has stopped working. Maybe for one of the reasons already given. You could try a different way of doing it.

It looks like the camera does have the option of transferring photos from the camera to the computer by connecting them together with a USB lead. Have a look to see if that's right.

If so, find a suitable USB lead, plug the camera into the computer and turn it on. It should then show up as a drive as Judd has said. You can then go into the camera's folders (usually called 'DCIM'), find your photos and drag them across to the computer.

The files will show as thumbnails if you go into 'View' on the Windows top toolbar and choose medium or large icons.

I know storage cards can be taken out of the camera and read with a card reader but the above is how I always get photos from the camera to the computer. This is working OK with all Windows updates installed.

Edit: If I had to hazard a guess about what's happened, I'd say it could be that the driver for the card reader in your computer is incompatible with the updated system. You could have a look on the computer manufacturer's website and see if there are any relevant driver downloads there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-03-2020, 09:39 AM

here are 6 pages of fugi updates . Can't get to the right one a you have not given all the camera model details

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/news/?...irmware-update

to put in simple terms a Codec is like you wanting to get on a bus but a private coach comes along instead, so you can't get on to it

Your camera can't get onto windows because it doesn't have the right key to fit
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-03-2020, 11:12 AM

Thanks everyone, I found a place on my camera to plug a lead in, my phone lead may fit (didn't notice it before, duh!)
I'll try it later, making the most of sunshine at the moment!
You're all very clever!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-03-2020, 11:16 AM

I did it! I found a thingy at the left hand side which I poked and the list of photos came up! All changed from what was simple before!
You're all clever!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top