Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:49 PM

Painters And Decorators Deserve A Medal!

Although, l got the paint and roller out the other week, they just lay there redundant until l psyched myself up to use them. Today, was the day!

Why oh Why did l bother! Painting is a thankless task!
How much pressure should you put on the roller? Why was it still looking patchy? Why did it look textured? Then l realised l was probably pressing too hard and the fluff was coming off the roller!

I had put down old curtains and towels on the carpet. I got the footstool all ready for the high bits and proceeded to roll. Should l be gentle or press harder with the roller?

Starting to regret having started, l got off the stool to load the roller for the last time but l tripped over the curtain and went flying towards the tray of paint. A swift movement avoided disaster!

Persuading myself, l should not give up. I filled the tray again and did a bit more. It ain’t great but it will do!

So Painters and Decorators everywhere, l applaud you. You’re doing a sterling job for mankind!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:53 PM

Re: Painters And Decorators Deserve A Medal!

No video?

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No video?

Don’t! I have had a bad day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Don’t! I have had a bad day.
Oh dear, are you emulsional?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:59 PM

I loved painting and decorating but had to stop because my hand started shaking so much I couldn't hold a brush steady enough for cutting in.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2020, 04:17 PM

Actually, l have just had a look at it. Now it’s dry, it doesn’t look too bad at all!

I am now singing to myself.....’You’re just too good to be true. Can’t take my eyes off of you. You’re like heaven to touch... etc etc......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-04-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Actually, l have just had a look at it. Now it’s dry, it doesn’t look too bad at all!

I am now singing to myself.....’You’re just too good to be true. Can’t take my eyes off of you. You’re like heaven to touch... etc etc......
It always looks a bit patchy to start with because the roller strokes start to dry at different rates and it usually dries more opaque than it looks first of all. I have had many rants about how crap the paint is, only to find that it looks fine when dry.

Well done!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2020, 04:20 PM

I am well and truly going to give you the brush off in future. You are supposed to give me support in my very emotional task!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Omah, What are you laughing at, you rotter. It’s not funny, l have been traumatised!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top