Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 07:39 PM

Changing my Browser

I am having trouble accessing Asda's site to apply for an online delivery. (This is not the first time that I have used them and have never had a problem in the past). I am using Google Chrome - and have been for years, but they are suggesting that I change my browser in order to access the site. Which browser would you reccommend? I am not the most techno savvy person in the country!
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 07:48 PM

Re: Changing my Browser

Try Opera
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 07:49 PM

Or firefox
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
I am having trouble accessing Asda's site to apply for an online delivery. (This is not the first time that I have used them and have never had a problem in the past). I am using Google Chrome - and have been for years, but they are suggesting that I change my browser in order to access the site. Which browser would you reccommend? I am not the most techno savvy person in the country!
Most odd! Is it the asda site that recommends a change of browser?

Try checking for chrome updates and restarting it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 07:58 PM

Chrome update ...

click on the three dots top right > Help > About Google Chrome

Then relaunch.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 09:27 PM

I'd change my supermarket Sue, cheeky beggars! I've had no trouble with Tesco or Sainsburys using Chrome....
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 09:46 PM

I've done as you suggested Dood, will have another go at the site. (Yes it was Asda who suggested changing the browser) but I'll have another go with it now its updated. No good, exactly the same result. Will have to install a different browser I'm afraid.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 10:32 PM

Firefox every time.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:40 AM

The Asda site works OK for me using Google Chrome with no messages occurring other than the usual one about cookies. Even so, it is useful to have more than one browser installed. If something doesn't work in one, it can be tried in another.

I keep a few browsers installed, just interested in seeing how they set up and work. At the moment it's Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi ..plus Edge that comes with the operating system. Edge works as well as any other browser based on Chromium.

The cookies and cache are cleaned fairly regularly on installed browsers. Bloated caches and possibly old cookies can be the cause of problems sometimes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:49 AM

I have 3 browsers set up, Safari, Firefox and Chrome ...... Safari is the one I use most and Chrome the least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top