Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:59 AM

It Started as A Bathroom Washbasin Pop up Problem!

Yes, the pop up remote lever connector broke.

then:-

1) Totally unable to screw off the lever mechanism from the waste pipe.

2) Had to Buy a Dremel cutter to cut out the old waste exit.

3) The very old waste trap was then dripping. Sent for a new one (remember - all shops shut).

4) Had to use the Dremel again to cut off the waste exit from the actual basin.The big nut would not move!!!

5) Sent for a new set of metal waste connectors - via on line.

6) Bought a new spanner which could do the big nut whilst still fitting into the incredibly small space under the sink.

End result - about 1 hours actual work, several days waiting for deliveries (Corona Shutdown).

Getting a bit old for all this!

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:02 PM

Re: It Started as A Bathroom Washbasin Pop up Problem!

I dread anything going wrong here as I haven't the know how or skill to fix anything.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:28 PM

We had ne of those push down levers to raise the drain plug in the en-suit sink. Like you it never worked properly and was absolutely useless. So with the en-suite update we had this setup fitted instead

push down to close push again to release and a new tap
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Whenever a customer had a problem with their lever type waste, I always suggested swapping it for a click-clack waste or a flip top.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Whenever a customer had a problem with their lever type waste, I always suggested swapping it for a click-clack waste or a flip top.
I have the push down to close & push again to open type in my bathroom sink. Funnily enough the plumber changed it when the flip up to close one went wrong. It's been fine so far.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I dread anything going wrong here as I haven't the know how or skill to fix anything.

Same here, Tiff.
There is very little I could mend.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here, Tiff.
There is very little I could mend.
Darn it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We had ne of those push down levers to raise the drain plug in the en-suit sink. Like you it never worked properly and was absolutely useless. So with the en-suite update we had this setup fitted instead

push down to close push again to release and a new tap

That's the same as mine. My plumber fitted mine some while ago now and I've been very pleased with it.

The only thing I don't like it is really, really hard to pull the bit out of the plughole if you want to inspect down there for any reason.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

08-04-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's the same as mine. My plumber fitted mine some while ago now and I've been very pleased with it.

The only thing I don't like it is really, really hard to pull the bit out of the plughole if you want to inspect down there for any reason.
Mine unscrews & you have a hole to look down.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-04-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Mine unscrews & you have a hole to look down.

Show off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top