Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 09:48 PM

Do You Still Have Any Tupperware ‘Freebies’?

I still have these items that l got free at Tupperware parties, years ago.

I use the two orange peelers the most. They are great and saves getting stinging on your skin under your thumb nail!
I am not sure what all of them, are for?

Do you still have any of the Tupperware freebies?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D8E2C4D4-E3FA-4F39-AAD8-69DAA73B32BA.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	12455  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 09:59 PM

Re: Do You Still Have Any Tupperware ‘Freebies’?

Tupperware parties? I can think of better parties

No, seriously Art, never had anything Tupperware, freebies or otherwise.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I use the two orange peelers the most. They are great and saves getting stinging on your skin under your thumb nail!

Yes - somewhere at the back of a kitchen drawer I have the egg separater and the little biscuit cutters. The orange peeler is still in use - in the Craft Room.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

The Ann Summers ones were much more fun!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

No, seriously Art, never had anything Tupperware, freebies or otherwise.
Pesta, I got them in the 1970’s when everyone seemed to have either Tupperware, Pippa Dee and other parties where young housewives, mothers, got together.

I suppose you’d have preferred an Ann Summers party?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-05-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes - somewhere at the back of a kitchen drawer I have the egg separater and the little biscuit cutters. The orange peeler is still in use - in the Craft Room.

ST, l found most of mine in the back of a cupboard tonight!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-05-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The Ann Summers ones were much more fun!
I have never been to one of those. They were not my scene!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Yes. I still have those long things with the funny bit on the end. Ah! you said, orange peelers, (should have read your post properly) & the shape cutter, plus several Tupperware dishes, a measuring jug & tubs which I still use. They really do last forever.
I used to go to a lot of Tupperware parties, they were all the rage around here.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 11:59 PM

I'll be the first male respondent. Yes I do loads of cooking. A lot of it is Asian, Mediterranean and an eclectic typically Australian mix of the two. I therefore have every kind of ingredient you can imagine in my kitchen. That necessitates lots of plastic containers small and large. The oldest one I have is a little plastic box I have had for at least 40 years. And yes..it's Tupperware. But parties?...Like others ere I can think of much better reasons for a party than buying and selling plastic containers.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 12:31 AM

AFAIK, I have never had any Tupperware but a few years ago I watched a documentary on Brownie Wise, the genius behind Tupperware's success, a poorly-educated, divorced, single mother who became the first woman to appear on the cover of Bloomberg Businessweek before being pushed from the company by a jealous owner.

I was fascinated by the story of the woman who literally "empowered" other American women who had been forced to return to the kitchen sink when their husbands returned from World War II.

If you're interested, American Experience - Tupperware! (PBS) (2004) is the documentary to look for but this video is also informative:

https://www.facebook.com/timelinenew...5941799429274/

Although Brownie was no beauty, she was ALWAYS elegant and was inspirational in encouraging other women to "better" themselves.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top