Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 01:21 AM

Re: Do You Still Have Any Tupperware ‘Freebies’?

Jeez mate you are hard to please. She is..or was?... a great looking lady IMO.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 07:13 AM

I remember tupperware parties, went to one or two, or that's what we called them back in Thatcher heyday and the rise of the yuppie, no plastic boxes exchanged hands, but money-making schemes were discussed, back in the day before pyramid selling was outlawed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 07:23 AM

Trouble with Tupperware was/is it never wears out. You bought what you needed at the time and never had to replace it - so it virtually killed itself!

People used to make fun of the Ann Summers parties - because they usually included sex toys and rather exotic clothing - but - there was also a range of very pretty undies. Have bought several AS bra's and found them to be very comfortable as well as pretty!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The Ann Summers ones were much more fun!
I remember my Mum having one of those. Dad and me were banished upstairs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, I got them in the 1970’s when everyone seemed to have either Tupperware, Pippa Dee and other parties where young housewives, mothers, got together.

I suppose you’d have preferred an Ann Summers party?
Pippa Dee, That's a name from the past. I remember those but can't remember what was on sale, was it clothes?

As for tupperware, I remember lots of that stuff sitting idly for years in the drawer (the second drawer down, not the top one)

I think it has all gone now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 09:45 AM

I use most of my vintage Tupperware containers in the hen run, to put their water in.

I used to think the container that you used to take the water off washed lettuce was good. I can’t remember the name of it though.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:47 PM

I use most of my vintage Tupperware containers in the hen run, to put their water in.

I used to think the container that you used to take the water off washed lettuce was good. I can’t remember the name of it though.
I think I've still got that somewhere, it's green with a spinny thing in side it that takes off.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:54 PM

Tiffany, Yes, l think it was called a ‘Spinner’?

You were told to burp the air out of most of the containers. There were some called Square Rounds!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:56 PM

Tiffany, Yes, l think it was called a ‘Spinner’?

You were told to burp the air out of most of the containers. There were some called Square Rounds!
You did & there were. I might gather all mine up & take a pic of them.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 04:25 PM

I used a couple of the sandwich boxes as bait boxes. Bodge some small air holes in the lid and they were perfect for maggots and worms.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top