Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:50 PM

Re: Lightmeters are they sill relevent?

Spot metering will only evaluate the specific area that you have focused on and nothing else. In your case, you should have used Matrix metering which will expose for the whole frame. Hence, your fence would have been perfectly framed
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 12:26 AM

I think focusing manually is a far more important technique to master with modern cameras.
Sharp photos are always nice
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
I think focusing manually is a far more important technique to master with modern cameras.
Sharp photos are always nice
My wife had a lovely Olympus SLR film camera years ago. It was totally manual and she said she preferred it in the same way as she has always preferred driving a manual car. Total control. It teaches you to use the camera as a controlled tool rather than a fixed path machine that decides the process for you - not always the exact process you want. Unfortunately that beautiful camera got dropped off a boat and is now at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean somewhere off Cairns.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top