Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:40 AM

An easy fix

Well, two of our bathroom fittings failed over the last couple of days, firstly, the basin pop up waste decided not to pop up anymore, so one was duly ordered and received, for me to fit today, then last night the toilet push button felt left out and promptly fell through the opening in the lid, off to Screwfix this morning, I ordered a push button and a complete inner siphon just in case, fearing that I would have to remove the cistern to fit the complete unit, I was pleasantly surprised to find that just the button was required so an easy two minute job, no doubt the pop up waste will have its revenge though...
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:08 PM

Re: An easy fix

Nope, fitted the basin waste no problem, I remember buyin* a cone shaped washer when I fitted the basin, and was able to use again, so didn’t need the washers supplied and I can return the siphon, while I was at it, I re siliconed around the shower as it was starting to look a bit tatty, so hopefully that should do...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top