Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 01:25 PM

Anyone got a Karcher?

I don't like cleaning windows and was thinking of getting a Karcher.

I would like to know if anybody here uses one & are they any good?

I notice there are a lot of different models. Which is the best in your opinion?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 01:34 PM

Re: Anyone got a Karcher?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't like cleaning windows and was thinking of getting a Karcher.

I would like to know if anybody here uses one & are they any good?

I notice there are a lot of different models. Which is the best in your opinion?
I have the Karcher WV2 Premium.

I have gone through these 3 stages:-

1) Got the cleaning liquid and used it with the charged up Karcher. Result - not bad.

2) Washed the Windows first, by hand, and then used the Karcher to vacuum the surplus wet stuff off the windows. Result - not bad.

3) Put the Karcher in the Garage & did it all by hand.

Result good.

Advice - you may well save a hundred quid after trying out one borrowed from a friend.

Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 01:53 PM

Put the Karcher in the Garage & did it all by hand.
Result good.
Advice - you may well save a hundred quid after trying out one borrowed from a friend

Carol, although I do not own a Karcher, having spoken to various people who do have one, this advice given Tedc would seem sound, as no-one I know has been overly impressed.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 02:07 PM

I just use a squeegee and a cloth same as the window cleaners use, cost me less than a couple of quid at B&Q, result easy peasy and good job...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 02:37 PM

Carol, If you’ve got a spare £70 or so, buy one.
I have the Karcher WV6 Premium that l got from Costco. There is a thread somewhere on here where l asked for advice on how to use it as l couldn’t understand the instructions! (Thick!)
I still didn’t use it!

Then the Lockdown arrived and l needed plenty to pass the time, so l made myself put the window cleaner together and use it.

My verdict... It’s ok, not great but my windows are better than before.
My criticism was that when you used the vacuum machine, it left streaks. I think this was partially to do with all my windows and doors being leaded?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:57 PM

We bought the top of the range one 'cos it was on a 50% off offer at Screwfix a few months ago because I find it difficult to clean the outside of the Velux windows in our apartment. It's not bad, it does the job as intended. Would I use it on normal vertical windows? No, much easier to get the pink Windolene and cloths out.

BTW, if you run out of Karcher's special cleaning fluid, try 75% boiled (or de-ionised or distilled) water, 25% white vinegar and a few drops of washing up liquid. Works OK for me
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:21 PM

We used to use ours for drying the glass down in the shower after use. Mrs Fox wouldn't use it on her windows (she's a bit dyed in the wool) after the switch broke I repaired it and gave it to our daughter....We do the shower glass with one of those rubber blade things now (doesn't need charging) and the tiles with a cloth.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We used to use ours for drying the glass down in the shower after use. Mrs Fox wouldn't use it on her windows (she's a bit dyed in the wool) after the switch broke I repaired it and gave it to our daughter....We do the shower glass with one of those rubber blade things now (doesn't need charging) and the tiles with a cloth.
I don't have one, so of no help Carol.

I just wanted to know what the bit in bold meant Foxy?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 06:30 AM

Never clean the windows !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice to hear your giving Mrs Fox a "Squeegee" in the Shower OGF.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top