Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 02:32 PM

The back garden (pano photo)

13 photos stitched together

taken with a Nikon D300 camera and Nikon12-24mm lens
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 02:47 PM

Re: The back garden (pano photo)

You have a nice garden RS.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You have a nice garden RS.
Thank you. This was an experimenal try using a different technique to the normal way , but won't bore you with the details
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Your garden look good. The grass looks a lot greener than mine.

A pano shot is a good idea. It's often difficult to give a fair idea of what a garden looks like in a standard camera view. Might need a photo that shows up and down as well as from side to side.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:09 PM

Brilliant Realspeed, it adds a great new dimension to the standard landscape view, especially when you can't stand far enough back to take in the whole picture......
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-05-2020, 09:33 PM

thanks all

there still is a grass area behind where I took the photos from, but if I went back further I would not have got the width.

bit of tech info

I didn't want to set it all up on a tripod and manually shoot each frame, so it was hand held in one sweep for all 13 shots. I call it machine gunning

I could have just used a wide angle lens, but that would cause distortion by either bending the sides in or pushing trhe picture centre further away.

I used a continuous high setting so the camera took the shots in quick succession

AS the camera would only take 13 photos before stopping so the memory card caught up (buffering it is called) I had to time the sweep to cover that area,which took several goes within those 13 shots. before this one.

The memory card was not the fastest in the box, but that is another subject

I did allow the camera to do most of the work an apeture priority mode for those who know about cameras.

At least putting all the frames (photos) together called "stitching"was done in Adobe Elements 2020,so everything lined up and no overlapping. Original Adobe Elements I had I to line up and overlap manually and it was a right pain.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
thanks all

there still is a grass area behind where I took the photos from, but if I went back further I would not have got the width.
'Never mind the quality, feel the width' as the actress said to the Bishop.....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-05-2020, 09:58 PM

Or as the Bishop said to the actress " it is not the size that count but it is the weight behind it that does"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top