Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Kind gestures

Whilst driving home yesterday, as I was approaching a roundabout near home, the car in the left hand lane to me stopped and tooted me.
I wondered what I had done wrong, but he was pointing at the road ahead.
Next, he got out of his car, and walked towards me. He must have been 6'6", a huge giant of a man he was, and I quickly locked my car doors.

Then I saw what this gentle giant was trying to do.
There was a tiny, fluffy baby duckling in total panic running round and round in the road, totally lost and separated from it's family. Wee dot of a thing, so cute, couldn't have been more than about 3" high.

It was running blind in all directions panicking, but the man pursued it and eventually caught it in his huge hands and I just saw the little eyes and bill popping over his fingers as he gently held it. He went across the road and put it in a front garden where I believe he'd seen 'Mum' go.

That really, really pleased me that this person didn't just keep driving and let it take it's chances on that roundabout.
What a kind man.
So different to the moron behind me who was scowling and tooting us to get out of his way.

So glad he cared, that really made my day seeing that rescue.

When did you last see a kindness that made your day?

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Re: Kind gestures

awwwwwwww, hearing this melted my heart, what a beautiful man. That's my kind of fella.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:55 AM

Brilliant Mups, cheered me up for the rest of the day....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
awwwwwwww, hearing this melted my heart, what a beautiful man. That's my kind of fella.

Yes Queenie and Foxy, I was so pleased.
I called out the window to him "You're a good man", but he just smiled rather shyly, and walked back to his car.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:22 PM

That was a lovely thing that man did, Mups. There are good people in this World.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-05-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That was a lovely thing that man did, Mups. There are good people in this World.

Yes there are Tiff, and it does your heart good to see these things amongst all the daily doom and gloom.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:52 PM

Decent bloke - unlike the turd behind you Mups.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 01:19 PM

Aww that is lovely Mups
Thanks for sharing

It reminded me of that time my son Aidan stopped 6 lanes of traffic on the Manchester Circular to help ducks cross safely!
It was during rush hour too so I'm sure not everyone would have been feeling as happy about it as he was
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Mine too, LQ and Mups. I could not take to any man who did not love animals.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 02:47 PM

From what little experience I have with a couple of dogs other people I know own, animals are... ok. Oddly I don't know anyone with a cat and those two dogs are the only ones I know of. I don't see any point in having a pet, personally, but to each their own. As a townie I don't really see anything in the way of animals other than a few birds now and again.

We never had pets when we were children, not after my mother bought my brother and I a hamster in a cage, totally out of the blue, and neither my brother nor I showed the slightest interest in it. Whatever happened to Hammy the Hamster I have no idea - he vanished as inexplicably as he appeared. I think my brother and I heaved a sigh of relief that we weren't expected to clean the cage of an animal neither of us wanted or expressed the slightest interest in.

It's nice to see the dogs whenever I (used to, these days) visit but after the initial greetings and patting of the dog that's quite enough for me! I wouldn't put up with animal cruelty though and think animals best belong in the wild, so I applaud the young man with the rescued duckling.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top