Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 11:41 AM

Re: Good morning Friday.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Good morning everyone, a little rain earlier but hardly enough to damp the lawn, and a dry windy day in forecast I believe...

Just back from walking the dogs around the pond and saw a Harris Hawk perched in a tree, apparently he was on a training session with a local man a couple of weeks back when it decided to make a break for freedom, so good to see it alive and well, although the local wildlife probably doesn't think so.... photo below but poor quality I'm afraid (full zoom on camera phone)...

Have a good day folks
I hope the man who lost him gets him back. Did you tell the man where you saw the hawk?

Morning All. well we got rain, but not really enough.. It's still cloudy, so we might get more.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I hope the man who lost him gets him back. Did you tell the man where you saw the hawk?

Morning All. well we got rain, but not really enough.. It's still cloudy, so we might get more.
Yes Tiff, posted on the local FB and the owner is heading down there to try and lure him back, but personally I like the idea of it being free and surviving as nature intended..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Tiff, posted on the local FB and the owner is heading down there to try and lure him back, but personally I like the idea of it being free and surviving as nature intended..
Only problem there is if it has jesses on it's legs it can get entangled & not be able to free itself & will probably die of starvation, so I hope it's handler can get it back. Also it will be captive bred & might not be good at getting prey either.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:56 PM

I have been waiting for a delivery since the 12 May, so emailed the company and got this reply

"Our apologies for this. I’ve just checked the tracking information and it looks like the order has been lost in transit to you"

They are sending replacement so not blaming them but I do have to wonder if these delivery companies are actually capable of doing they jobs.

We constantly get ,at least from Parcel Farse, lost-misdirected -wrong delivery address left at etc,etc Does this company actually check to see if their people can read ? I seriously doubt it.
Last one by them dropped the parcel off at the wrong house and the driver refused to go back for it
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 02:55 PM

I'm knackered today and I haven't lifted a finger other than to clean several pairs of reading and distance glasses. I think it's due to being woken in the night by high winds and heavy rain and not being able to get back to sleep.

So far today I've had 3 phone calls from the hospital about my operation 1 was to tell me that next Tuesday someone will call me to ask a load of questions (pre-op assessment), 1 was to ask me to attend the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch for the swab test next Friday afternoon (so no-one's coming here to do it after all) so, I've got to break my isolation after all said and done. The last call was from the surgeon's secretary to ask if I'd had any other phone calls today about this operation and that she's just about to put a letter in the post to explain everything. My God, they really are making sure all the ducks are in a row!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 03:20 PM

Good afternoon everyone....

Lovely day here today but really windy.... I'm scared a tree on the green is about to topple over so I have retreated indoors

Enjoy the rest of your day

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top