Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 11:51 AM

Litmus Test

Just a bit of fun... I think

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-internet.html
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 11:53 AM

Re: Litmus Test

Depends on several things, but yes mostly I do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 12:13 PM

It's not a moral decision but to get the darned pound coin back!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 12:16 PM

I certainly don't, nor does my wife unless we've had to put a coin in it which is very seldom because we both have an "Altoclé: Universal Release Key" on our keyrings.

They release most trolleys and can then be removed from the trolly straight away as unlike a coin type they don't get caught in the lock.

They're for sale on Amazon as well as eBay.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:29 PM

Can't read the article as it doesn't like my blocker. But if it's about putting coins in super market trolleys I have a coin on a key ring I can use if I haven't a proper £1. Most of our supermarkets have 'free' trolleys anyway.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:37 PM

My local Waitrose currently have security men cleaning the trolley handles & only letting customers use the ones they know have been cleaned. If people just leave them on the car park they are not helping to reduce of people catching the virus. Even if they haven't coughed or sneezed on them, somebody else could have, & that is one way of how the virus is being spread to others.
I always return my trolley, whether I have paid a pound for it, or not, but at this difficult time I am happy to return it to the security men who immediately clean it and add it to the ones they are giving to the next customers!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:49 PM

Tesco have a place where disinfected trolleys are parked ready to be taken, they have a sign saying they have been disinfected. Then when you put your trolley in a bay they come round collect the used ones & disinfect those, putting them with the already done trolleys.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 02:32 PM

A man has divided the internet after sharing a social experiment that supposedly determines whether you're a 'good or bad member of society'. Twitter user from Altlanta, USA shared an explanation of the test on the social media platform, asking if you would return a shopping cart to the bay if nobody was watching.

The test claimed that there is no situation other than 'dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart'.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 03:45 PM

At our big Tesco, they provide sanitiser and wipes for you, dear customer, to DIY. We do it but we've seen others not bother. At M&S, the girl who guards the entrance, keeping a check on the numbers entering the store does the job for you. I ALWAYS take the trolley I've been pushing around back to the storage areas provided.

Regarding the £1 coin gizmo, Val has a disc on her keyring the same size and thickness as the old £1 (bought at a charity shop) but this doesn't work in place of the new coins in our experience.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I certainly don't, nor does my wife unless we've had to put a coin in it which is very seldom because we both have an "Altoclé: Universal Release Key" on our keyrings.

They release most trolleys and can then be removed from the trolly straight away as unlike a coin type they don't get caught in the lock.

They're for sale on Amazon as well as eBay.
Ah that will explain why I sometimes find trolleys that are loose. The cheapest I could see on Amazon is £7.99 plus shipping. How is it worth the money?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top