Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 07:22 AM

Re: Beauty Spots

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Perhaps you get different google search results in S. Yorks.
Eeeee ba gum d00d, I think tha's reat....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 07:36 AM

As folks know, I'm for anything Two Wheeled but, I was unusually annoyed with an article on the Jeremy Vine Show a week or so ago, about Motorcyclists congregating. Before the specifics were went into, I said to the Wife "I bet they mention Matlock", and bugger me, it was central to the conversation. I used to like Steve Berry but, his reasoning during what is a lockdown crisis was mind boggling, the argument that Motorcyclists were by legislation clad in PPE, and rode at separation distances of two metres was all very good but that was never the issue, how that is relevant to what happens when riders dismount, remove helmets and congregate I have no idea. If a Motorcyclist wanted to ride a hundred miles under lockdown no problem, but, the defence offered in this article and the manner it was delivered really got my goat.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'd love to go metal detecting Westender, I'm just in the process of building one in the workshop. I doubt it will be good enough for a proper search though.....Perhaps when this is all over I might shell out on a proper one.....Be prepared to advise....
Grief, building one,now that's intriguing!
It'd be a real bonus if you're already on friendly terms with farmers/landowners. Getting permission to detect on land can be very challenging I'm afraid. Of course you
may well strike lucky.

On the rare occasions I do get out with the detector I find it very relaxing, almost to the point of being therapeutic.
A bit like fishing in a way.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:08 AM

And, no Slimy Hands.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And, no Slimy Hands.
Those fields can get a bit mucky at times Spitfire.
I'll leave it at that, after all it is breakfast time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 09:46 AM

As folks know, I'm for anything Two Wheeled but, I was unusually annoyed with an article on the Jeremy Vine Show a week or so ago, about Motorcyclists congregating. Before the specifics were went into, I said to the Wife "I bet they mention Matlock", and bugger me, it was central to the conversation. I used to like Steve Berry but, his reasoning during what is a lockdown crisis was mind boggling, the argument that Motorcyclists were by legislation clad in PPE, and rode at separation distances of two metres was all very good but that was never the issue, how that is relevant to what happens when riders dismount, remove helmets and congregate I have no idea. If a Motorcyclist wanted to ride a hundred miles under lockdown no problem, but, the defence offered in this article and the manner it was delivered really got my goat.
I like Jeremy and when I was driving all day I looked forward to his radio shows, in fact, if there weren't any golden oldies playing (before 2000) I would turn the radio off until he came on, but he can be a bit of a trouble causer.....

I must disagree with you though Spitty....
Those guys know the risks and it's up to them if they want to take that risk....
We seem to be becoming into a nation of 'Tell Tales' and it's not really our job to tell other people how to act. If they are breaking the law the police will jump on them like a ton of bricks. I don't agree with what they are doing, but I will defend their right to be able to do it.......what a sad old world it would be if we could only do what other people didn't find annoying....
Now! where did I put my Virago keys...?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-05-2020, 11:21 AM

You seem to miss my point which was what my feeling was on the day of the broadcast Foxy. The risk did not stop at each other, every family member and member of the public they subsequently crossed paths with after the gathering were at risk. It is great to see the Motorcyclists gathering at such places on a normal summer day, but, under current circumstances, it is as unacceptable, you could say Dominic Cummings X200.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 02:36 PM

Possibly, it is probably not the best time to be a resident of Looe, Cornwall at the moment.
When I went to Cornwall for the first ( and possibly last time) not in Lockdown ., nearly all the loos were shut . hint garden centres always have one.
So I couldnt care less what happens to the money grabbing tourist loathing Cornish residents .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-05-2020, 03:01 PM

You seem to miss my point which was what my feeling was on the day of the broadcast Foxy. The risk did not stop at each other, every family member and member of the public they subsequently crossed paths with after the gathering were at risk. It is great to see the Motorcyclists gathering at such places on a normal summer day, but, under current circumstances, it is as unacceptable, you could say Dominic Cummings X200.
I never miss your points Spitty.........Well alright then, sometimes I do....

As long as the motorcyclist respect other peoples space I don't see the problem.
Sometimes we seem to rely on what we hear on the BBC instead of our own common sense. The virus is not some kind of superman...It can't fly (for long anyway and only after it's been exhaled in still air) and It has to get up your nose..I know what you're thinking Spitty.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-05-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When I went to Cornwall for the first ( and possibly last time) not in Lockdown ., nearly all the loos were shut . hint garden centres always have one.
So I couldnt care less what happens to the money grabbing tourist loathing Cornish residents .
Oh Muddy....

I know what you mean though....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top