Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:53 PM

Re: Now tell me why our police should not be armed.

Let the NRA from the "States" solve your problem. Everyone starts "packin". A gun in every pocket and or purse. A whole new market for the gun manufacturers.
Of course they'll be more killing, like over here on our side of the Pond, Most of the time when you're "defending" yourself, you'll hit the "bad guy", and if you hit someone else, well, that's just collateral damage. Has to be expected in mass discharge of weapons.

Try it - - -you don't know what you're missing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Let the NRA from the "States" solve your problem. Everyone starts "packin". A gun in every pocket and or purse. A whole new market for the gun manufacturers.
Of course they'll be more killing, like over here on our side of the Pond, Most of the time when you're "defending" yourself, you'll hit the "bad guy", and if you hit someone else, well, that's just collateral damage. Has to be expected in mass discharge of weapons.

Of course we shouldn't allow people to walk about in public carrying firearms and we certainly don't allow that now, although many criminals do just that.

What I would agree with, though, is the right to possess a firearm within my own property.

Not quite with the freedoms you Yanks have, though. As I understand it, you have the right to shoot anyone entering your home without your permission.

However, I should hope to be allowed to defend myself with a handgun in my own home if someone entered and threatened me, even without a visible weapon as there's no certainty that he doesn't have one about his person.

None of this is permitted in this country, of course... at present!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->

I would hate for guns to be made legal in this country,I sincerely hope the police are never allowed to be armed with firearms.
Even more so civilians.

I have watched many documentaries on guns in America, how neighbours have fallen out ,spiralled, then ended up shooting the other dead...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I would hate for guns to be made legal in this country,I sincerely hope the police are never allowed to be armed with firearms.
Even more so civilians.

I have watched many documentaries on guns in America, how neighbours have fallen out ,spiralled, then ended up shooting the other dead...
I agree. My family and friends in USA are very much in support of fire arms. Perhaps adhering to the NRA. Yet they don't appear to understand what the homicide rates are for them Can't or won't. A simple figure. Homicide rate in USA is 200 times that of UK.

Yet my US friends seem to think they need arm themselves.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 11:08 PM

It's our POLICE that should be routinely armed.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:27 AM

Anarchy and bloodlust.

Cannot believe anybody would condone that, it has never resolved anything never will.

https://www.melaniephillips.com/obam...eat-awakening/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Anarchy and bloodlust.

Cannot believe anybody would condone that, it has never resolved anything never will.

https://www.melaniephillips.com/obam...eat-awakening/
Well that sends a perfectly clear picture of exactly what Obummer really is!
Why did the majority of Americans ever manage to elect someone like that?
Perhaps in the same way that they 'elected' Sleepy Joe Bidet.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well that sends a perfectly clear picture of exactly what Obummer really is!
Why did the majority of Americans ever manage to elect someone like that?
Perhaps in the same way that they 'elected' Sleepy Joe Bidet.
All bark and no bite sums up most politicians, let the police do the dirty work and then condemn them when things get out of control.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
All bark and no bite sums up most politicians, let the police do the dirty work and then condemn them when things get out of control.
But in the UK not routinely arm them in order to shoot the filth.

I WANT our police routinely armed in order to protect us.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I WANT our police routinely armed in order to protect us.
But then the other lot will arm themselves even more, and still the police won't be able to protect us. Even now the animals are running around with machetes and swords and guns. What hope have the police got to top that?

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top