Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 03:12 PM

Re: A Mystery

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dex, you don't mean the parcel one where they say they were unable to deliver a parcel and you've got to pay to have it re-delivered, do you? Or is that a different one altogether?
Initially I thought that is what would happen in this case - I thought I might get another email saying that they had tried to deliver it but had failed and then would ask for my bank details for payment of another delivery. It really threw me when it said on the official site that the parcel had been delivered though!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
If you are not expecting a parcel, then its scam. If you WERE expecting a parcel and its been delivered elsewhere, then contact the seller and let them deal with it. Don't get involved and don't pay any money.
Yes I suspect it is a scam Pixie but I just can't fathom out how it works. I'm not expecting a parcel so don't need to take it any further on that count.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 03:18 PM

There's some quite useful information here about scams and what to look out for.

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/sus...-email-actions
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 03:51 PM

Hi Margaret it is a scam

https://conversation.which.co.uk/mon...ollect-parcel/
This link is to the Which site and contains an example of the email...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 04:16 PM

They quite often show a pic of the door they delivered it to, if it is genuine.

The only scam I can think of seeing as there is no payment involved is that someone may have purchased something using your details but had it delivered to another address.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

02-07-2021, 05:00 PM

Thank you for the information on scams - it clearly is a scam of course. They seem to get more ingenious all of the time.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Initially I thought that is what would happen in this case - I thought I might get another email saying that they had tried to deliver it but had failed and then would ask for my bank details for payment of another delivery. It really threw me when it said on the official site that the parcel had been delivered though!
If you haven't ordered anything, you don't owe anyone anything.

The point of scam mails is to get a response. It's possible that there is an something in the email which they want you to click on.

Clicking on anything, like that, starts a little program built into the return of the email

That program could be anything - and it's not good news.

If you didn't click and you didn't respond in any way you should be OK.

If you did click on something you need to change your password asap!

Otherwise, If there a follow up, ignore it.

If you can forward the email to the Delivery Firm, they might be able to use it in court! There are many scams involving this one - search on their name & scams.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

02-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

The only scam I can think of seeing as there is no payment involved is that someone may have purchased something using your details but had it delivered to another address.
That is a possibility of course - they would also need to know my email address too. I have checked my bank accounts and credit card and they are all OK at the moment so I would think that whoever is creating this scam doesn't have access to them. I shall keep a watchful eye though!

Why would someone use my details (and which details?) and then deliver to another address if they don't have access to my accounts ...
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

02-07-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If you haven't ordered anything, you don't owe anyone anything.

The point of scam mails is to get a response. It's possible that there is an something in the email which they want you to click on.

Clicking on anything, like that, starts a little program built into the return of the email

That program could be anything - and it's not good news.

If you didn't click and you didn't respond in any way you should be OK.

If you did click on something you need to change your password asap!

Otherwise, If there a follow up, ignore it.

If you can forward the email to the Delivery Firm, they might be able to use it in court! There are many scams involving this one - search on their name & scams.
Thanks Ted - I didn't click on anything so I should be OK. The email has been deleted.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

They take pics anyway even if you are there to take it off them. First time it happened to me, I smiled and posed. He wasn't impressed. "Just the parcel, love, not you"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top