Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Re: The Tarot thread

Today's card: The Hermit

The Tarot card picture of the Hermit is a gloomy one. That's because of the solitude the card represents. Although it's voluntary in the case of a hermit, solitude is still somewhat sad. It's not chosen as a wish of separating oneself from fellow human beings, but for a certain purpose where being alone is instrumental.

Usually, it involves an effort to get to know oneself at depth. That's why the Tarot Hermit is often linked to wisdom. That can be discussed.

The hermit might find out plenty about himself and what goes on in his own mind, when avoiding the company of others. But that's in his mind, the ultimately secluded place where no one else can go. It rarely applies to the outside world, so the scope of any wisdom reached is limited, indeed. You go inwards to learn about yourself, but you have to go outside to learn anything about the world and your place in it.

On the Tarot card, the lantern in the hand of the Hermit and the dim blue background suggest night. The stillness and closed eyes of the Tarot Hermit suggest repose, even sleep. Indeed, the self-discovery one does on one's own is like a dream, fading away quickly when one opens one's eyes.

It's said that we're always alone at heart, in our souls. "I believe in the lust of the body and the incurable loneliness of the soul," said the Swedish author Hjalmar Söderberg. That's true, in a sense, but it's also true that we never are completely alone. We have so much in common that wherever we go, even inside our minds, others have done the same and discovered the same. We are alike.

Therefore, the experience of one person, no matter how internal, has some relevance to all others. In that way, the Hermit of this Tarot card can become wise.

But the wisdom reached by the Hermit has no substance before it's shared. What we discover in our loneliness becomes real when we share it with others and thereby discover that there's so much we have in common. In this manner, loneliness can be the way out of it.

It's not sure that the Tarot Hermit will come to that revelation. He seems committed to stay on his own, as if renouncing the world altogether. That leads nowhere. He must snap out of it, lift his head and open his eyes. Until then he's in sort of a coma.

Still, occasionally in life we all need the recluse of the Tarot Hermit. To contemplate what we have been through and what we can expect in the future, to heal from emotional wounds, or simply to get some rest. It's a healing process, but it's not a final destination.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Todays card - the two of pentacles

A young man, in the act of dancing, has a pentacle in either hand, and they are joined by that endless cord which is like the number 8 reversed.

Divinatory Meanings:
On the one hand it is represented as a card of gaiety, recreation and its connexions, which is the subject of the design; but it is read also as news and messages in writing, as obstacles, agitation, trouble, embroilment.

Reversed: Enforced gaiety, simulated enjoyment, literal sense, handwriting, composition, letters of exchange.

Additional meanings:
Troubles are more imaginary than real.

Reversed: Bad omen, ignorance, injustice.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 01:19 PM

That is a good one Dreamy, but who is it for?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 01:35 PM

I was just going to ask the same Sweetie. I know someone that the Hermit card definitely fits.

Ffosse....are we allowed more than the one card, can we ask for one a day?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-01-2018, 01:39 PM

That is just a general Tarot card for the day - it pops up on my phone screen so is random.

Yes, anyone can ask for a card at anytime and I'll randomly select one.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 01:40 PM

I'm asking and saying please
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-01-2018, 01:46 PM

For Adanac:

A hand issuing from a cloud grasps a stout wand or club.

Divinatory Meanings:
Creation, invention, enterprise, the powers which result in these; principle, beginning, source; birth, family, origin, and in a sense the virility which is behind them; the starting point of enterprises; according to another account, money, fortune, inheritance.

Reversed: Fall, decadence, ruin, perdition, to perish also a certain clouded joy.

Additional meanings:
Calamities of all kinds.

Reversed: A sign of birth.
Adanac
canada

20-01-2018, 02:18 PM

Ffosse....a long lost relative got in touch again with me very recently, and now wants contact so that checks out. I must admit when the invite came out of the blue my first thought was "do they need a kidney?"

Money....buying a lottery ticket today and you will be remembered should I win.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 02:40 PM

Ffosse - with a slight degree of trepidation, may I request a card, please?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-01-2018, 02:52 PM

For Last Tango: The seven of cups

Strange chalices of vision, but the images are more especially those of the fantastic spirit.

Divinatory Meanings:
Fairy favours, images of reflection, sentiment, imagination, things seen in the glass of contemplation; some attainment in these degrees, but nothing permanent or substantial is suggested.

Reversed: Desire, will, determination, project.

Additional meanings:
Fair child; idea, design, resolve, movement.

Reversed: Success, if accompanied by the Three of Cups.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top