Join for free
Page 16 of 56 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 02:43 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You doubt the result?
Read what I said.
Until the electoral college announces Biden as winner, officially he isn't.

Have you not learned never to be certain of that which is not yet definite?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm right though vlad aren't I
No
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Read what I said.

Have you not learned never to be certain of that which is not yet definite?
I revere you to the learned poster Bread

Bidens victory is an invention by the media

And for the leftie moon howlers, the Guardian confirms.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...arizona-nevada
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:32 PM

OOhhHH I don't think I've ever been revered before!

I have no idea why you include the quote you do in my reply to you; it is of no relevance whatsoever.
You two carry on about that, but keep me out of it.

Returning to what I said; are you suggesting that the correct way of announcing a new president in the USA is wrong?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:39 PM

I never said that - stop inventing your own stories

I said the media has declared Biden the President Elect - he certainly is not according to the election process.

Look on the bright side, Vlad, the left never think anything through so if the democrats have committed election fraud (the evidence is forthcoming) then it will be a piece of cake for the Republicans to prove.

Just bear in mind that the Democrats have continuously lied to get Trump out of office. Why wouldn't they lie about election results .... ?

As the saying goes ... "dead men don't tell tales"... unless of course thousands of them came to back to life and voted for Biden in Wisconsin
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 06:49 PM

Read what I said.
Technically, you are correct. However, in reality, when the individual states have tallied the votes, a winner is declared. Usually at this time, when a candidate achieves a grand total of 270 electoral votes, the loser concedes. The first person who achieves 270 electoral votes, proceeds as if he were the official winner. This is entirely normal.

The electoral college will not meet to cast their votes until December 14th. In my living memory, no "president elect" has ever waited for the "official count". He begins to appoint various people for the transition team and certain permanent White House staff members. Obama, in 2008, appointed a White House Chief of Staff, one day after the election (without waiting for the electoral college to vote).

Again, this is entirely normal.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

09-11-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Technically, you are correct.
Thank you.

The rest of your post beyond that point is irrelevant; what has gone in the past is not necessarily indicative of the future.

Recent years have surely shown that there is no such thing as a certainty.

Please note that I am not saying Biden will not occupy The White House come the end of January 2021, I'm just saying that while his foot might be in the door his head isn't yet on the pillow.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 07:19 PM

Maybe Biden and his team better wait for the 'official' announcement that he has won because if Trump continues with his law suits over the postal vote and was found that fraud did take place, Biden will look a right fool.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 07:21 PM

Thank you.

The rest of your post beyond that point is irrelevant; what has gone in the past is not necessarily indicative of the future.

Recent years have surely shown that there is no such thing as a certainty.

Please note that I am not saying Biden will not occupy The White House come the end of January 2021, I'm just saying that while his foot might be in the door his head isn't yet on the pillow.
Do you imagine that George W. Bush would have called Joe Biden to congratulate him on his win if Bush was not damn sure Biden was the winner ?
Trump is toast. Get used to it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

09-11-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Maybe Biden and his team better wait for the 'official' announcement that he has won because if Trump continues with his law suits over the postal vote and was found that fraud did take place, Biden will look a right fool.
Having been such a contentious election already so far I must agree; certainly he ought to tread more cautiously.
Perhaps he's just in a hurry for some reason?

Page 16 of 56 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top