Join for free
Page 8 of 56 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:35 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Media report that Mr Trump is planning to run in 2024.

A vindictive bad loser, lately he has broached the idea of running again in 2024, he would be 78 by then.

People are worried that he will use any power to make sure U.S. government under Biden does not run smoothly.

Regarding the first part Cinders, if Trump ran again in 2024, then he would be 78 also!

The last hi-lighted bit - I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Biden is going to have to spend his next few years watching his back very closely.
As I have said before, I have never, ever seen such a egotistical man as Trump in my life. Nor one so ridiculously ungracious in defeat.
Can't he see people are laughing at him, and not because he was beaten, but because of his tantrums over it.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Just wondered where this leaves a quick UK trade deal with USA with that pesky Irish problem?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-emerges.html

Interesting to see how Bozo reacts...
Never ever trust the word of a politician regardless of which country they are from. Trickery, lying and being deceitful is what being a politician is mostly about. Biden will make sure Ireland is looked after and if not, no trade deal. the papers can say all they want about there being no issue. There will be, you can bet on it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Just wondered where this leaves a quick UK trade deal with USA with that pesky Irish problem?

To my mind, the U.K should not only walk out of Ireland but apologize profusely for centuries of colonial domination. Financial reparations by the U.K. would also be in line.

The days of forced colonial domination are long over. I would have thought that the U.K. would have learned its lesson by now.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 01:58 AM

NO doubt there will be many comments on this and many more threads so I will just offer one comment and let the ball roll on. Congratulations Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Finally it will be great to see an adult in the White House again.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 03:05 AM

I just watch Joseph Biden's and Kamala Harris's victory speech. I must say both did quite well. Both talked about unity and healing America. There was no mention of Trump or of bragging over the win. Calm and rational.

AS I suspected, Joe Biden talked extensively about how he would bring in a team of medical scientists to advise him on what he could do to combat Covid-19. No more personal opinion , just hard scientific knowledge.

Grade for the speech ? B+
Theo Tuckerman
New Member!
United Kingdom
Theo Tuckerman is male 

08-11-2020, 08:46 AM

The Chinese, Russians and the wee Rocket Man from North Korea will be jumping for joy, they will walk all over this snowflake, something they couldn't do with Trump...Biden gives one the impression that he would surrender before war is declared, God help the Western world!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 08:54 AM

I do t know much about Joe Biden he seems ok ( I will try and forget he was photographed with Gerry Adams ) but Kamala Harris looks very impressive . I suspect she will take a very active role and wonder why she didn’t actually stand for the Presidency herself .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 09:34 AM

Thank goodness Trump is a one term President but I fear our PM, Scotty from Marketing, might be in for a bit of a shock with Biden quite keen on Climate Change and reducing carbon emissions.

Scotty might actually have to do something which will doubtless have the ideologues in the Liberal Party gnashing their teeth and kicking children.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 10:37 AM

Not a great fan of Biden but it will be good to have an adult in the White House instead of a narcissist who displays childish behaviour on a daily basis .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 11:36 AM

Which states are will still waiting to hear results from?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/elec...-2020-54786937

Joe Biden's victory was projected by the BBC on Saturday after he secured Pennsylvania and the state propelled him past the 270 electoral votes needed. He has since been projected to win Nevada too.

These projections are based on the unofficial results from states that have already finished counting their votes, and the expected results from states like Wisconsin where the count is continuing.

Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan are the only states that have "flipped" this election, all from Republican to Democrat.

But we're still waiting to hear the results (electoral votes in brackets) from four states - and there may be more flips to come:

Alaska (3) - Donald Trump is ahead with nearly 63% of the vote to Biden's 33%, with 56% of the vote counted. He won Alaska in 2016.

North Carolina (15) - Trump is in front with 50% of the votes to Biden's 48.6%, with 98% of the vote counted. Trump also won this state in 2016.

Arizona (11) - Biden is ahead of Trump here by 49.5% to 48.9%, with 97% of votes counted. If Biden wins, this would be another flip to the Democrats, as Trump won it in 2016.

Georgia (16) - Biden is also narrowly ahead of Trump by 49.5% to 49.3% and 99% of the votes have been counted. Again this state - in the South - would be a flip, after Trump secured it in 2016.

With all this in mind, Trump has vowed to contest the election results on several fronts. We already know that a recount will be held in Georgia, where the margins are tight, and Trump wants the same in Wisconsin.

Votes in some states are continuing to be counted and results are never official until final certification, which occurs in each state in the weeks following the election.
So, wins in states in which they are leading would take Biden to 306 and Trump to 232 .....

Page 8 of 56 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top