Join for free
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

04-07-2019, 07:03 PM

Finding New Life

I lost my Beautiful Bride nearly 4 months ago. All of our plans were around making sure she had a good life after I passed. This was not in the plan.

I am still working. With sleep and work, most of my day is taken care of, so now I need to take care of the rest. For the most part I am fine, just miss conversation with someone from my generation.

Not much into politics or sports. Do not care what famous people are doing at the beach or what is the latest fashion. Just would love to hear about what gets real people through the day.

It is a new life, but it does not have to be all about me. Would love to hear from others. This seems like a good safe forum for that. Love to hear from others about what gives them meaning.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 07:21 PM

Re: Finding New Life

Indy, I am sorry that you have lost your lovely wife, but I am sure she would want you to still be happy.
As we get older we all find that we have to deal with big changes to our routines & the best way to deal with them is to be grateful for what you had and use the future to find new things that can make you happy.
I often find that some men can't really cook for themselves, well we will offer you plenty of ideas on that if you tell us what foods you like
Tell us what you enjoy doing & feel free to ask questions... we are a friendly lot.... providing you don't want to talk about politics.
I am sure you will find friends to chat with, on here, & eventually you will get to know us better.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 07:54 PM

I am so sorry for your bereavement Indy .
More often than not life does not go as we plan
Welcome to OFF
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Indy, I am sorry that you have lost your lovely wife, but I am sure she would want you to still be happy.
As we get older we all find that we have to deal with big changes to our routines & the best way to deal with them is to be grateful for what you had and use the future to find new things that can make you happy.
I often find that some men can't really cook for themselves, well we will offer you plenty of ideas on that if you tell us what foods you like
Tell us what you enjoy doing & feel free to ask questions... we are a friendly lot.... providing you don't want to talk about politics.
I am sure you will find friends to chat with, on here, & eventually you will get to know us better.
or religion Twinky, don't forget the R word

Hi Indy

I too am so sorry you lost the love of your life. I can't even contemplate losing my husband, it must be like losing a limb and a piece of your heart. I know when my Sister and Mum died within short succession of each other my heart was broken (still is) so I imagine yours is too and for that I am so, so sorry.

The way I go on is to take one day at a time, life has and never will be the same but it has to go on.

Try keep up routine, keep yourself as busy as possible, reach out to loved ones (family and friends) hopefully you have people close to you.

This is a friendly place to be, everyone comes good on this site when things are tough and the members are very supportive when needed, so you feel free to reach out, we are all here to listen and would only be too happy to hear all about your lovely wife.

If you need to talk privately I am only an inbox away. I'm a good listener.

Paramount is, take care of you.

Big hugs to you, I'm sure I speak for all of us.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Welcome to the forum Indy. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. I can only echo what others are saying. I hope you have relatives and friends around you at this sad and difficult time. Please take care of yourself and I hope being a member of this forum will be of some help and support to you. There are some very nice people on here.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:53 PM

Hi Indy, so very sorry to read of your loss, this was me three years ago, I lost my husband & like you never dreamed he would go first & although the sorrow never goes, it does get better as time goes by.
I am lucky with two adult kids who are a great help, they live near & have been there for me ever since.
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

04-07-2019, 11:08 PM

Thanks to Everyone that responded!!

As far as food goes I am wide open. I love a variety.

My Bride was my connection to what gives life value. For most of the jobs I have had I was isolated, so I am very lacking in social skills.

The type of work that I do is usually for the very young. It would be Great to have a conversation with someone that is closer to my age. The are Great Kids, but I have gone past moving out of my parents home. I am looking more towards downsizing and avoiding the climb up a corporate ladder.

Thanks again for the responses!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:18 PM

Hello Indy, may I echo what the others have said, and say I am sorry for your loss.

It is good you are reaching out though, we all need company and conversation sometimes.

I hope you enjoy being here, and soon find some new friends to chat with.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 04:24 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss Indy. It must be a very difficult time for you. Condolences from the South Pacific.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 07:46 AM

Hi Indy , sorry to hear about the loss of your lovely wife , it's hard when life changes isn't it , many of us know and understand your sadness . Changes have happened to most of us too

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top