Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 08:33 AM

Re: Dancing on Ice

Originally Posted by mart ->
I never watch dancing programmes. They seem so overworked to me. To keep the dancing theme going, they'll probably think of something different to dance on sooner or later. Dancing on sand or treacle ..or something.
Or, perhaps synchronised swimming. That'd be fun to watch.

Another thought on strictly, dancing on ice etc, I'm amazed that someone who is confined to a wheelchair or is blind hasn't complained about their non involvement. Although there have been a couple of "celebs" with "abnormalities" (sorry if this is a non-PC word!!) I'm sure there's an argument that equal ops wasn't being applied.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Naked Skating Celebrities Got Talent on Survival Love Island in The Outback Strictly Dancing on Ice Championship Bakeoff... Dodging Flamethrowers and Juggling Chainsaws. I can just envisage it now.

Seriously, these kind of shows are just mental chewing gum for couch potatoes.
Tuts at being called a couch potato
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 09:01 AM

I won't be watching, same sex couples will put me off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Or, perhaps synchronised swimming. That'd be fun to watch.

Another thought on strictly, dancing on ice etc, I'm amazed that someone who is confined to a wheelchair or is blind hasn't complained about their non involvement. Although there have been a couple of "celebs" with "abnormalities" (sorry if this is a non-PC word!!) I'm sure there's an argument that equal ops wasn't being applied.

Hah. True.
Give it time . . .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Don't worry about offending anybody, Mups. You are completely entitled to your views and they are the same as mine are regarding this.
I don't watch the programme anyway but to watch two "blokes" (no they cannot be called blokes) dancing together, twirling one another around and ending up by one of them raising the other in the air by his arse...no I would throw up my chicken jalfrezi.
It's unnatural and I'm not being prudish - they are both men and it's not right is it?
Be brutally honest folks and speak your mind like I always do under certain conditions
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Don't worry about offending anybody, Mups. You are completely entitled to your views and they are the same as mine are regarding this.
I don't watch the programme anyway but to watch two "blokes" (no they cannot be called blokes) dancing together, twirling one another around and ending up by one of them raising the other in the air by his arse...no I would throw up my chicken jalfrezi.
It's unnatural and I'm not being prudish - they are both men and it's not right is it?
Be brutally honest folks like I always am under certain conditions
I , like you floydy don't quite understand it, but, some men are effeminate and act like women so for them it's natural. I myself get turned off by stuff like that but not everyone does, in fact, some quite enjoy the diversity.

Who are we to say it's right or wrong, to us it seems wrong but I guess one day it will be 'normal' to see this sort of thing. As I once heard someone say, I'm glad I'm on my way out and not on my way in.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I , like you floydy don't quite understand it, but, some men are effeminate and act like women so for them it's natural. I myself get turned off by stuff like that but not everyone does, in fact, some quite enjoy the diversity.

Who are we to say it's right or wrong, to us it seems wrong but I guess one day it will be 'normal' to see this sort of thing. As I once heard someone say, I'm glad I'm on my way out and not on my way in.
A good viewpoint, LQ. I should be more liberal in my thinking.
I don't watch these sort of programmes anyway so I don't really know why I posted that but never mind.
I don't know any blokes who watch it tbh.
Enjoy the series though
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-10-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Naked Skating Celebrities Got Talent on Survival Love Island in The Outback Strictly Dancing on Ice Championship Bakeoff... Dodging Flamethrowers and Juggling Chainsaws. I can just envisage it now.

Seriously, these kind of shows are just mental chewing gum for couch potatoes.
Fantastic
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

10-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A good viewpoint, LQ. I should be more liberal in my thinking.
I don't watch these sort of programmes anyway so I don't really know why I posted that but never mind.
I don't know any blokes who watch it tbh.
Enjoy the series though
I'm not gonna be watching, I'm like you, I don;t wanna see a man throwing another man up in the air by his arse hehe
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:36 AM

If Jason Gardiner’s not on the judging panel, then l am not interested. Whatever you thought of him, he told the truth.

It will be all sickly, fawning over the contestants now and no one telling them like it is.

The broadcasters are dumbing down everything for the sake of diversity. It’s all very bland and pale now.....zzzzzzz..wake me up when it’s over!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top