Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 02:34 PM

Magnetic bands

Has anyone here ever worn magnetic bracelets or ankle straps?
If so, what response - if any - did you get?

I'm not talking about the Copper bracelets, just the magnetic ones?

A friend has a couple on her very old horse's fetlocks, and she swears it has helped her move much easier.
This being so, she decided to get one for herself to try - not a horses one ).

Now I don't know if it is placebo effect or not, but she has reported a big improvement with her painful back and knees within 36 hrs.

I am much more sceptical than her, and thought I would get other opinions if possible.
Reviews I have read do seem pretty positive, but then some websites only show the praises.

Anyone else tried these please?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 02:43 PM

Re: Magnetic bands

Mups.
I think it,s all in the mind. If you convince yourself that one of these magnets or copper bracelets will cure or help then they will.
I,ve not heard of any medical expert reccommend one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Mups.
I think it,s all in the mind. If you convince yourself that one of these magnets or copper bracelets will cure or help then they will.
I,ve not heard of any medical expert reccommend one.

Well Ben, I kinda think that way too - but here we have a difference. The aged horse doesn't know why something has been put round his fetlock, and yet she is defintely moving more easily. That can't be just placebo can it?

Possible one reason why medical experts haven't recommended them is because they don't sell them!
If they had them at the surgeries, I bet you they would suddenly be wonderful things to try.

Interesting though, and thank you for your thoughts.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 03:46 PM

How do we know it was the magnetic 'bracelet' that helped the horse. Could have been one of those things that like many illnesses cured themselves. But we will never know. We all have our beliefs of something or other and they do no harm.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 03:58 PM

My wife has tried the magnetic bracelets. She got one for each wrist. It took three days to get her hands apart.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 05:46 PM

I’ve tried magnetic bracelets but have never noticed any helpful difference.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 05:54 PM

Hi

Another bit of False News, one of many at the moment.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 08:13 PM

Totally a placebo effect. The mind is an incredibly powerful tool. That is why scientists use the "double blind" system to test new drugs against a placebo (sugar pills). A certain % of the control group (those who got sugar pills) will report that the "drug" is working for them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-04-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Totally a placebo effect. The mind is an incredibly powerful tool. That is why scientists use the "double blind" system to test new drugs against a placebo (sugar pills). A certain % of the control group (those who got sugar pills) will report that the "drug" is working for them.

I know what you mean Bakerman, but you can't say it is 'placebo' when a horse has benefitted. The horse doesn't know why he's wearing it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know what you mean Bakerman, but you can't say it is 'placebo' when a horse has benefitted. The horse doesn't know why he's wearing it.
Hmm. Good point, Mups. I hadn't thought of that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top